Family Preservation is an intensive in-home preservation program designed to help families stay together and keep children out of foster care. Family Preservation provides immediate crisis intervention and stabilization for families with a child or children at imminent risk of placement into foster care.
The immediate goal of Family Preservation is for children to remain in or return to the home of their parents or guardian. Families are referred by the Westchester County Department of Social Services; referrals are only accepted if there is an opening available, and if at least one significant adult family member is willing to cooperate with the Family Preservation counselor.
Unique features of the intervention include:
- Response to referral within 24 hours
- 24-hour-a-day availability
- Maximum caseload of two to four families per counselor
- Services located in the natural environment
- Services responsive to client values and lifestyles
- Appointments scheduled at the convenience of clients
- Intensive services
- Skills-based interventions
- Provision of concrete services for meeting basic needs
- Time limited service from 4 to 6 weeks
507 Fifth Avenue
Pelham, NY 10803
(914) 738-1728, ext. 27