My Second Home (MSH), established in 1998, offers a refreshing and innovative intergenerational approach to adult day services, and is an affordable alternative to assisted living or nursing home care. Our award-winning intergenerational day program — the only one of its kind in Westchester County and a model for the nation — offers older adults a safe, supervised, home-like day care environment that includes:
- Safe, supervised home-like environment
- Wellness activities
- Excellent nutrition
- Personal care
- Transportation services
- Nurturing, trained staff provide stimulating activities that help older adults continue to find joy and meaning in their lives
Why My Second Home?
- Older adults do better when they are able to age in place and be active in their families and home communities.
- Socialization, exercise, and good nutrition are the best ways to delay the natural progression of Alzheimer’s disease & other dementias.
- A five year delay of onset would save the US $8.51 trillion.
- 15 to 18% of older adults are estimated to suffer from depression.
- We provide essential respite care for family members so that they can continue to work, maintain wellness, care for young children and maintain a strong family system.
- Our innovative intergenerational program has demonstrated positive outcomes for older adults as well as children.
- Older adults achieve a sense of fulfillment by interacting with children and passing on life experiences and skills.
- Social model day programs are less expensive than medical model day programs.
- We are one third the cost of in-home care.
- We are one fifth the cost of nursing home care.
Older Adults 50+ with some level of physical and/or cognitive impairment like Alzheimer’s or dementia.