Friendly and caring transportation counselors help find the fastest and most cost-effective transportation options to meet the needs of older adults, the disabled and home health workers.
Where would you like to go today?
Transportation is a basic human need – people need to travel to work, shopping, medical appointments, and to simply stay connected. Our service helps connect transportation providers with those in need, specifically older adults, the disabled and home health care professionals.
How does RideConnect work?
Whatever your need, we are here to provide transportation options that work for you. Whether it’s a trip to the grocery store, a medical appointment or the movies, we serve as a link between you and your community. Simply call RideConnect at (914) 242-7433 to speak with a transportation counselor about your needs. Our database of providers includes taxis, town services, and volunteer services. RideConnect counselors serve as virtual personal assistants and will direct you to the fastest, most cost-effective transportation options.
In addition to providing information and referral on transportation options, RideConnect has access to over 50 programs and services offered by our parent company, Family Services of Westchester. RideConnect also has geriatric social workers on staff who can provide guidance and support to families or clients seeking assistance with other concerns.
RideConnect, a program of Family Services of Westchester, was established to encourage independence and mobility by providing accessible and responsive transportation options to those in need.
To foster independence for older adults who have limited mobility options and to build lasting community collaborations.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Who is eligible for RideConnect?
- RideConnect is for older adults, the disabled and home health care professionals commuting into Westchester County for employment.
Q. What is the cost of the service?
- There is no charge to call RideConnect or to access our website www.rideconnectwestchester.org. Volunteer services are free of charge, however, charges will apply to some providers, such as private taxis, or town bus services.
Q. What are the hours of service?
- The RideConnect call center is staffed Monday to Friday, from 9am to 5pm. Our interactive website is available 24×7.
Q. What areas do you serve?
- RideConnect volunteers are available throughout the county but availability varies from town to town.
Q. How do I access RideConnect Services?
- Simply call (914) 242-7433 and our transportation counselors will be happy to assist you. Or, if you prefer, you can access our website at www.rideconnectwestchester.org.
Q. Are there restrictions on the types of destinations served by RideConnect?
- No, callers can choose to ride anywhere: the hairdresser, shopping, cultural events, employment, medical appointments or wherever they’d like to go. RideConnect’s transportation counselors will fin the provider who will best suit any caller’s transportation needs.
Q. Does RideConnect offer any other services?
- Yes, since RideConnect is a program Family Services of Westchester, our transportation counselors have access to the over 50 programs and services that FSW offers and can refer callers to appropriate services. In addition, RideConnect has access to experienced social workers who can assist families in need, when necessary.
116 Radio Circle, Suite 305
Mount Kisco, NY 10549