Hours of operation
Tuesday and Thursday, 9:00 am – 2:30 pm and Wednesday 11:00 am – 3:00 pm. Please see the bottom of the page for information on how and when donations are collected.
Clothing we collect
New and gently used children’s clothing, particularly sizes infant thru YXL (14). Clothing should be clean, free of stains, rips and tears and seasonally appropriate.
March 1 until July 15th – Summer clothing
- Light-weight jackets
- Sundresses (infant thru youth size 10 only)
- Light-weight sneakers, sandals and flip-flops for teens.
July 15th until February 28th – Fall/Winter Clothing
- Long-sleeve shirts
- Sweatshirts (especially hooded ones)
- Jeans, khakis, sweatpants,
- Long-sleeve dresses (in sizes 4T- youth size 10 only)
- Fleece jackets
- Winter coats
- Hats and gloves
- Sturdy shoes such as Merrills, sneakers, snowboots and Uggs.
We NEED donations of diapers and new socks and underwear in all sizes (toddler thru adult XL) all year long.
Equipment we collect
- Strollers (umbrella strollers are in high demand);
- Car seats less than 5 years old (please wash covers before donating);
- Infant snugglies such as Baby Bjorn;
- NEW baby bottles or pacifiers (in packages).
Clothing and items we do NOT collect:
- Used socks or underwear (or long underwear)
- Athletic clothing or equipment such as baseball hats or helmets, mitts, shinguards, baseball pants, soccer jerseys (ie. Rec soccer shirts) or cleats;
- Clothing that is out of date (ie. if it’s been in your attic or basement for the past 8-10 years);
- Used toys or books
- Men’s and women’s clothing
- Ski or snowpants above youth size 8
- One piece ski suits
- Used linens (ie. towels and sheets)
- Headbands or any hair accessory
Where to drop-off donations?
Donations may be dropped off at our warehouse Monday through Friday, 9am – 6pm. If we are closed, you may drop-off on our indoor loading dock. Enter through the glass doors in front of the building. Once inside the lobby, enter through the grey door on your right. On the loading dock, there is a box marked “The Sharing Shelf deliveries.” Please put your donations inside that box. Do NOT leave donations outside our front door.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
We prefer donations be brought directly to our site and equipment donations MUST be made at our warehouse
The Sharing Shelf
47 Purdy Ave.
Port Chester, NY 10573
After hours donations of CLOTHING ONLY may be dropped at:
My Healthy Fit
1000 East Boston Post Road
Mamaroneck, NY 10543
Hours: M-F 5am-10pm and S-S 7am-7pm
Miller’s Toy Store
335 Mamaroneck Avenue
Mamaroneck, NY 10543
Hours: M-Sat. 5am-6pm