Family Services of Westchester, Inc. (FSW) provides mental health and social services that strengthen and support families, children and individuals at every stage of their lives. Serving 30,000 people a year, including 20,000 children, with nearly 50 innovative programs, including counseling, education and support, FSW is a pillar of health in the Westchester community.
Our services are run by our compassionate, highly trained staff of more than 650 professionals and paraprofessionals includes Master’s level social workers, psychiatrists, clinical psychologists, child care workers, nurses, certified home health aides, multilingual clinicians, peer counselors and early childhood educators for the rapidly expanding early childhood and Head Start Programs.
FSW’s Family Strengthening program serves families with children ages 3 – 8 throughout Westchester County. Family Strengthening provides free, confidential services at home, at the child’s school and in the community.
Family Services of Westchester is looking for a full-time Family Strengthening Social Worker/Clinician for our Family Strengthening Program.
- Regularly engaging in home, school and community visits with families with children ages 3-8 with emotional/behavioral issues
- Working within a short-term, crisis based model
- Working clinically with children and families within Trauma Systems Therapy framework
- Referring families to and attending family network meetings
- Collaborating with school staff, clinical and hospital staff and community based organizations
- Regularly attend early childhood community network meetings
- Collaborate with the Crisis Prevention and Response Team, the Department of Community Mental Health-Children’s Services and the Department of Social Services
- Refer to and collaborate with appropriate community/mental health services
- Complete appropriate documentation and data collection
- Covid-19 Vaccination Required
- Master’s Degree from an accredited school od social work, counseling, and/or a related field
- License preferred
- Experience working within the community with challenged young children and their families
- Experience working with families that have experienced trauma
- Knowledge of early childhood development, short term, crisis-based work and the Trauma systems Therapy model
- Bilingual preferred
To apply, please email resume to email@example.com