Join the Junior Board of FSW
FSW’s Junior Board is a dynamic group of young professionals and emerging leaders who share an interest in helping Westchester County’s youth.
A Unique Leadership Opportunity
Working with the Junior Board is a unique opportunity to expand your leadership influence, cultivate new skills, network with new friends and have an impact on the local community.
The Junior Board strives to promote the mission of FSW through educational, fundraising and service initiatives. One of our largest goals is to provide enrichment opportunities to children and youth in FSW’s programs through the Junior Board Enrichment Fund.
The Junior Board Enrichment Fund
Several times a year, the Junior Board awards grants to FSW’s youth programs for cultural and educational experiences such as trips to a museum, sporting events or field trips.
In addition to fundraising initiatives to support our Enrichment Fund, we also coordinate service projects that allow us to contribute our time to make a difference. Past service projects have included reading to children in Head Start classrooms, building a playground and speaking in front of middle and high school students about our educational and career paths.
Recruiting for the Junior Board happens each Spring when we accept applications for new Board Members. As we get to know each candidate’s interests and time availability, our goal is to find the best fit for you. We hope that you will share some of your energy, time and talents with the Junior Board of FSW!
Why should you join the Junior Board?
- Network with other philanthropic individuals who also care about our Westchester community
- Expand your leadership influence
- Cultivate new skills
- Attend social events
- Serve your local community through hands-on volunteer projects
- To see firsthand that your actions are truly making a difference to youth and families in need
Junior Board Requirements
- You must have a passion and commitment to bettering the lives of disadvantaged youth living in Westchester County.
- We have NO age limit!
- The Junior Board meets about eight times annually on the third Wednesday of the month in White Plains. Each meeting features a speaker from one of FSW’s programs.
- Junior Board members are expected to attend at least four meetings per year.
- Members are required to choose a committee on which to serve: Finance, Events, Volunteerism, Communications or Membership
- We ask that you commit to a two-year term, with an option to continue.
- Suggested annual donation to the Junior Board and FSW of $100.
To learn more, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/jbfsw.