Family Services of Westchester, Inc. (FSW) provides mental health and social services that strengthen and support families, children, and individuals at every stage of their lives. Serving 30,000 people a year, including 20,000 children, with nearly 50 innovative programs, including counseling, education, and support, FSW is a pillar of health in the Westchester community, and provides an essential network of services for underserved Westchester residents, here to create hope, restore dignity and connect families with the resources to get back on track.
Founded in 1954, Family Services of Westchester is a private, nonprofit, non-sectarian social services agency. FSW serves a population of all ages that represents a broad-based cross section of Westchester County, reflecting cultural, racial, ethnic, geographic, and socioeconomic diversity. We are proud of our cultural competency and language proficiency which has attracted children, individuals, and families to FSW. Our expansive range of programs are custom designed to meet the particular needs of those we serve. Our services are run by our compassionate, highly trained staff of more than 450 professionals and paraprofessionals For a comprehensive list of our services, visit our website at www.fsw.org.
Family Services of Westchester is seeking an Accountant who will report directly to the Director of Finance. All FSW Centers are located in Westchester County, which offers excellent schools, easy access to a multitude of outdoor activities and superb transportation connections to New York City. This position will be based in Purchase, NY.
- Perform assigned accounting functions, complete assigned reports, and provide accurate and timely information for review by the Director of Finance
- Prepare monthly journal entries related to revenue, expense and balance sheet accounts
- Assists the Director of Finance in Grant Accounting
- Gathers supporting documentation for voucher reimbursement
- Reconcile bank accounts
- Participates in cross-training of payroll job function
- Responsible for the tracking of fixed assets
- Create and analyze supporting schedules and general ledger accounts for interim, monthly, and year end closing
- Review monthly trial balance of general ledger and perform account analyses including variance explanations
- Create supporting schedules as needed for the preparation of relevant tax forms and Internal and Audited Financial statements
- Perform varying account analysis and workpapers
- Carry out related duties as assigned by the Director of Finance
- Accounting Bachelor’s degree required
- Knowledge of healthcare finance preferred, in particular Medicare, Medicaid, and private insurance experience
- 3+ years of experience in finance or accounting
- Account and accrual analysis experience required
- Expense and balance sheet analysis experience required
- Experience with preparation of Footnotes for Audited Financial Statements preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and a proven ability to work with a variety of collaborators.
- Demonstrate outstanding communication (written and oral) and presentation skills
- Exceptionally strong financial analysis and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access)
- Responsive and comfortable working in a fast-paced, high accountability health care environment
- Committed to supporting FSW’s mission to provide health care to low-income, under-served residents in our communities and those lacking access to quality health care.
There are a variety of benefits to joining Family Services of Westchester, an organization with over 65 years of history impacting vulnerable communities. In addition to the opportunity to connect with and help thousands of residents in Westchester County, FSW offers its employees an inspiring, diverse and team-based work environment with comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 403(b) and generous paid time off.
At FSW, we enjoy working in a collaborative, mission-driven environment and value the benefits of a diversified workplace that prioritizes our clients and the communities we serve. If you want to make a difference in the lives of thousands of people across the communities of Westchester, please submit your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com. Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or email.
Family Services of Westchester is an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
COVID-19 Vaccination is Required
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Accounting: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location