|Job title||Administrative Assistant (Part-time) (Hastings-on-Hudson) and Clinic (White Plains)|
|Reports to||Sonya Gaffney, Clinic Director|
Family Services of Westchester (FSW) provides mental health and social services that strengthen and support families, children, and individuals at every stage of their lives. With 50 innovative programs, FSW serves 30,000 individuals annually in Westchester County, New York, here to create hope, restore dignity and connect families with the resources to get back on track.
Founded in 1954, Family Services of Westchester is a private, nonprofit, non-sectarian social services agency.
Family Services of Westchester is looking for two (2) Part-time Administrative Assistants for our Echo Hills, Hastings-on-Hudson site location and the Clinic in White Plains, NY.
POSITION TITLE: Administrative Assistant (Part-time) Two Positions Open, one for Echo Hills, Hastings-on-Hudson and the other at the White Plains Clinic at 7-11 South Broadway, White Plains.
STATUS: 35-hour week
SUPERVISED BY: Clinic Director
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answer calls, intake new clients
- Verify insurance with Billing Department
- Maintain payment and outstanding balances for Hastings clientele
- Collect client self pays and co-pays via Paypoint website or in person
- Management client paperwork that needs to be filled out between clinician and Psychiatrist or NP
- Manage COPS Referrals
- IT Service Requests, including setting up all new employees with phone, email, voicemail, etc.
- utilize Care Logic: Schedule psychiatrist and NP appointments as needed; Enter client documents into Document Library as needed; and Open new cases as required
- Manage incoming mail and shredding need
- Complete Reminder/Confirmation calls for psychiatric visits/evaluations
- Fulfill all Medical Records Requests
- OMH Website-enter PSYCKES consents/Safety Plans
- Assist Director with issues of safety and security
- Provide new clients with Intake forms
- Provide Purchase Requisition, Hastings Clinic, as needed
- Order and maintain office, kitchen, and bathroom supplies
- Maintain copier/Fax/Shredder machines
- Data Entry for Spars.samhsa.gov CSAT GPRA reports
- Notify Grace Church management/FSW maintenance of office needs-i.e., lights, heat, etc.
- Purchase postage and send out mail, as needed
- Maintain office keys for Front Door, Records Room, Offices, Bathroom, and Supply Closet
- Schedule room reservations for staff, as needed
- Assist Director administratively, as needed
- Informs the Director and Supervisors of any problems that may affect the quality and standards of the office.
- A High School diploma required
- Proficient in English and Spanish
- COVID-19 vaccination is required to work at Family Services of Westchester. Proof of vaccination against COVID-19 must be submitted as part of the employment application.
There are a variety of benefits to joining Family Services of Westchester, an organization with over 65 years of history impacting vulnerable communities. In addition to the opportunity to connect with and help thousands of residents in Westchester County, FSW offers its employees an inspiring, diverse, and team-based work environment with comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and 403(b) for full-time employees.
At FSW, we enjoy working in a collaborative, mission-driven environment and value the benefits of a diversified workplace that prioritizes our clients and the communities we serve. If you want to make a difference in the lives of thousands of people across the communities of Westchester, and if the position of Administrative Assistant speaks to your capabilities, experience, and commitment to social service, please submit your resume and cover letter. Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or email.
To apply, please email to Sonya Gaffney: Sonya.Gaffney@fsw.org
FSW is an equal-opportunity employer.