The Sharing Shelf of FSW collects new and gently used clothing donations for infants, youth and teens. This clothing is then sorted by size, season and gender then distributed to local children in financial need through social service agencies, schools, hospitals and local nonprofits. Each child receives a weeks worth of seasonally appropriate clothing packaged in outfits according to that childs sizing need at no cost.
The Sharing Shelf is seeking a part-time employee who will be responsible for:
- Administrative support such as correspondence and communications
- Preparation of materials such as power point presentations; fliers;
Assisting with warehouse operations;
- Handling clothing distributions to various social work agencies;
- Managing data on the program (volunteers; distribution; impact)
- Assisting with and developing outreach to broaden TSSs relationships with the community
Experience with Excel and Word is required.
Hours: 15 hours per week
Locations: 47 Purdy Street (warehouse) and One Gateway Plaza, Port Chester, NY 10573. The Sharing Shelf is located within an easy walk of the Port Chester Metro North Station and is convenient to I-95 and I-287.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.