Family Services of Westchester (FSW) provides mental health and social services that strengthen and support families, children, and individuals at every stage of their lives. With 50 innovative programs, FSW serves 30,000 individuals annually in Westchester County, New York.
Founded in 1954, Family Services of Westchester is a private, nonprofit, non-sectarian social services agency.
FSW’s Head Start/Early Head Start is a federal government program that was created in 1965 to give preschool children from low-income families a “head start” on their readiness for elementary school.
Family Services of Westchester is looking for full-time Administrative Assistant for our Port Chester, NY Head Start program. We are hiring for multiple locations throughout Westchester County.
POSITION TITLE: Administrative Assistant
STATUS: 35-hour week
SUPERVISED BY: Carol Dowdell
- Assist the site director with managing substitute teachers for the site
- Partner with the teaching staff and administration in the overall philosophy and direction of the Head Start program
- Work with a diverse community, Including a significant Spanish-speaking community
- Remains up to date on information that pertains to the needs of the children in the program
- Attend staff development training throughout the school year that complies with applicable state and local laws
- Informs the Director and Supervisors of any problems that may affect the quality and standards of the program
- Fosters good communication between families, staff, and local, county, and state municipalities
- Demonstrates ability to function in a culturally sensitive manner within FSW’s philosophy and mission
- Apprises Director of all goings-on within the program
- Demonstrates ability to maintain objectivity in dealing with staff/student/family/program issues
- Maintains client confidentiality at all times
- Maintains up-to-date student/staff emergency contact information
- Maintains First Aid Station and Supplies
- Maintains and Disseminates Allergy/Medical Alerts and Updates for PTTP students
- Ensures student files include current IEP, medical and emergency information at all times
- A high school diploma required
- Proficient in English and Spanish
- COVID-19 vaccination is required to work at Family Services of Westchester. Proof of vaccination against COVID-19 must be submitted as part of the employment application.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8-hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Port Chester, NY 10573: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- “At FSW, we require proof of vaccination against COVID-19 to work at any of our locations. Are you able to show proof of COVID-19 vaccinations?”
- Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
There are a variety of benefits to joining Family Services of Westchester, an organization with over 65 years of history impacting vulnerable communities. In addition to the opportunity to connect with and help thousands of residents in Westchester County, FSW offers its employees an inspiring, diverse, and team-based work environment with comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and 403(b) for full-time employees.
At FSW, we enjoy working in a collaborative, mission-driven environment and value the benefits of a diversified workplace that prioritizes our clients and the communities we serve. If you want to make a difference in the lives of thousands of people across the communities of Westchester, and if the position of Administrative Assistant speaks to your capabilities, experience, and commitment to social service, please submit your resume and cover letter. Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or email.
FSW is an equal-opportunity employer.
To apply, please send your resume to Carol Dowdell: firstname.lastname@example.org