Family Services of Westchester (FSW) provides mental health and social services that strengthen and support families, children and individuals at every stage of their lives. With 50 innovative programs, FSW serves 30,000 individuals annually in Westchester County, New York.
FSW’s White Plains Guest Home, is a unique residential program for mentally ill adults that provides 24-hour supervision. Located at 32 Ridgeview Avenue, White Plains, NY 10606, the White Plains Guest Home is a 15-bed, state-licensed assisted living facility serving both men and women over the age of 50 who have a variety of aging and mental health needs.
White Plains Guest Home provides residents with a safe, secure, supervised environment that helps them maintain their physical and mental function to the extent possible in a non-medical setting. At White Plains Guest Home, “caring is a way of life.”
Family Services of Westchester is searching for a qualified Registered Nurse to work in our White Plains Guest Home.
- Oversee the process of Staff Assisted Administration of Medications for Residents at WPGH in compliance with NYS rules and regulations
- Provide Training, to untrained Staff and possibly previously trained, of the system and process of Assisted Administration of Medications for Residents of WPGH
- Provide Ongoing Retraining, Review, and oversight of Staff providing Assistance of Medication Administration
- Review MAR, and other Medication-related records on an ongoing basis, checking for proper completion of records
- Keep apprised of new prescriptions, changes, and discontinue orders.
- Reconcile MAR with Pharmacy monthly with close review and comparison of new monthly MAR to the previous month.
- Close inspection of a newly delivered monthly supply of medications, provided in MOT packaging, as well as any new prescriptions and compare to MAR.
- Provide assistance and direction to staff in resolving prescription issues, and discrepancies.
- Keep informed of Doctor appointments, annual medical evaluations, and mental health assessments
- Keep informed of residents’ monthly blood work appointments and other lab work as necessary
- Communicate with health professionals in the community as necessary
- Coordinate with staff and case manager to ensure that residents keep medical appointments, have transportation, have possible accompaniment if necessary to appointments
- Experience working with elderly adults living with mental illness
- Knowledge of NYS DOH rules & regulations for Adult Care facilities is a plus
- Bachelor degree or master degree in nursing
- RN License required
- COVID-19 vaccination is required to work at Family Services of Westchester. Proof of vaccination against COVID-19 must be submitted as part of employment application.
At FSW, we enjoy working in a collaborative, mission-driven environment and value the benefits of a diversified workplace that prioritizes our clients and the communities we serve. If you want to make a difference in the lives of thousands of people across the communities of Westchester, and if the position of Adult Care Nurse speaks to your capabilities, experience and commitment to social service, please submit your resume on Indeed.com. Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or email.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please email resume to Pamela McGurgan: email@example.com