Family Services of Westchester, Inc. (FSW) provides mental health and social services that strengthen and support families, children and individuals at every stage of their lives. Serving 30,000 people a year, including 20,000 children, with nearly 50 innovative programs, including counseling, education and support, FSW is a pillar of health in the Westchester community, here to create hope, restore dignity and connect families with the resources to get back on track.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- ½ of the time working own client based caseload. ½ time administrative work under supervision of Clinic Director
- Manage intake process, handle client intake calls including word of mouth, crisis team, hospital discharges, DSS, probation, and others, complete waitlist forms, assign cases from waitlist as advised by Clinic Director
- Manage requests for records
- Attend Community meetings as advised by Clinic Director
- Special Projects
- LMSW, LMHC or LMFT (required)
- Good clinical, assessment, and diagnostic skills
- Proficient in the use of computers, and specifically with electronic medical records
- Team-focused collaborator
- Excellent interpersonal skills both verbally and in writing
- Highly organized, self –directed.
- 1 year of experience providing clinical treatment to families and children in individual, family, group, and crisis intervention modalities
- COVID-19 VACCINATIONS ARE REQUIRED. COVID-19 vaccinations is required to work at Family services of Westchester. Proof of vaccination against COVID-19 must be submitted as a part of employment.
- Ability to Commute/relocate: Yonkers, NY. Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work(required)
There are a variety of benefits to joining Family Services of Westchester, an organization with over 65 years of history impacting vulnerable communities. In addition to the opportunity to connect with and help thousands of residents in Westchester County, FSW offers its employees an inspiring, diverse and team-based work environment with comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and 403(b).
At FSW, we enjoy working in a collaborative, mission-driven environment and value the benefits of a diversified workplace that prioritizes our clients and the communities we serve. If you want to make a difference in the lives of thousands of people across the communities of Westchester, and if the position of Head Start Family Advocate speaks to your capabilities, experience and commitment to social service, please complete the online application on Indeed.com and upload your resume. Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or email.
FSW is an equal-opportunity employer.
To apply, please email your resume to Andrew Levine at Alevine@fsw.org