|Job title||Assistant Teacher, Prime Time (North Street, White Plains)|
|Reports to||Head Teacher, Head Start, Prime Time|
Family Services of Westchester (FSW) provides mental health and social services that strengthen and support families, children and individuals at every stage of their lives. With 50 innovative programs, FSW serves 30,000 individuals annually in Westchester County, New York, here to create hope, restore dignity and connect families with the resources to get back on track.
Founded in 1954, Family Services of Westchester is a private, nonprofit, non-sectarian social services agency.
FSW’s Head Start/Early Head Start is a federal government program that was created in 1965 to give preschool children from low-income families a “head start” on their readiness for elementary school.
Family Services of Westchester is looking for full-time Assistant Teachers for our Head Start program. We are hiring for multiple locations throughout Westchester County.
POSITION TITLE: Assistant Teacher, Head Start, Prime Time
SUPERVISED BY: Head Teacher, Head Start, Prime Time
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure health and safety guidelines for children.
- Assist lead teacher in the documentation, reflection and planning process to implement the curriculum.
- Attend staff training to support professional development.
- Build relationships with families and communicate about children’s learning and development.
- Assist with creating a warm and inclusive environment for children and families.
- Assist with creating visual evidence of the narratives and curriculum occurring in your classroom.
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisor and Head Teacher.
- CDA or Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field.
PERFORMANCE CRITERIA: Performance will be based on:
- Continuing to pursue education in the Early Childhood field.
- Performance and Goals
- Childcare: 1 year (Preferred)
- Ability to Commute/Relocate: White Plains, NY 10601. Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required.)
- COVID-19 VACCINATIONS ARE REQUIRED. COVID-19 vaccination is required to work at Family Services of Westchester. Proof of vaccination against COVID-19 must be submitted as part of employment application.
There are a variety of benefits to joining Family Services of Westchester, an organization with over 65 years of history impacting vulnerable communities. In addition to the opportunity to connect with and help thousands of residents in Westchester County, FSW offers its employees an inspiring, diverse and team-based work environment with comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and 403(b) for full-time employees.
At FSW, we enjoy working in a collaborative, mission-driven environment and value the benefits of a diversified workplace that prioritizes our clients and the communities we serve. If you want to make a difference in the lives of thousands of people across the communities of Westchester, and if the position of Assistant Teacher speaks to your capabilities, experience and commitment to social service, please submit your resume and cover letter. Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or email.
To apply, please email resume to Cindy DiMaggio @ Cindy.DiMaggio@fsw.org and Briani Ramsey @ Briani.Ramsey@fsw.org
Family Services of Westchester is an equal opportunity employer.