Family Services of Westchester (FSW) provides mental health and social services that strengthen and support families, children and individuals at every stage of their lives. With 50 innovative programs, FSW serves 30,000 individuals annually in Westchester County, New York.
Founded in 1954, Family Services of Westchester is a private, nonprofit, non-sectarian social services agency.
FSW’s Head Start/Early Head Start is a federal government program that was created in 1965 to give preschool children from low-income families a “head start” on their readiness for elementary school.
Family Services of Westchester is looking for full-time Assistant Teachers for our White Plains, NY Head Start program. We are hiring for multiple locations throughout Westchester County.
POSITION TITLE: Assistant Teacher
SUPERVISED BY: Head Teacher
PURPOSE: To assist and support the Head Teacher to interpret and implement the Head Start & Early Head Start programs to address the needs of each individual child.
- Assist Lead Teacher in documentation, reflection and planning process to implement the curriculum.
- Managing classroom procedures, including transitions, routines and small group.
- Engage students in exploration and ongoing project work.
- Building respectful and reciprocal relationships with families.
- Attend staff development meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by Lead Teacher.
- COVID-19 vaccination is required to work at Family Services of Westchester. Proof of vaccination against COVID-19 must be submitted as part of employment application.
PERFORMANCE CRITERIA: Performance will be evaluated based on:
- Continuing to pursue education in the Early Childhood field.
- Performance and Goals
There are a variety of benefits to joining Family Services of Westchester, an organization with over 65 years of history impacting vulnerable communities. In addition to the opportunity to connect with and help thousands of residents in Westchester County, FSW offers its employees an inspiring, diverse and team-based work environment with comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and 403(b) for full-time employees.
At FSW, we enjoy working in a collaborative, mission-driven environment and value the benefits of a diversified workplace that prioritizes our clients and the communities we serve. If you want to make a difference in the lives of thousands of people across the communities of Westchester, and if the position of Head Start Assistant Teacher speaks to your capabilities, experience and commitment to social service, please submit your resume and cover letter. Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or email.
FSW is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please email resume to: Danielle Jernigan email@example.com