Family Services of Westchester, Inc. (FSW) provides mental health and social services that strengthen and support families, children and individuals at every stage of their lives. Serving 30,000 people a year, including 20,000 children, with nearly 50 innovative programs, including counseling, education and support, FSW is a pillar of health in the Westchester community.
JOB STATUS: This is a Full-time Position
SUPERVISED BY: Director, Adoption & Children’s Services and Director, Therapeutic Foster Care
This person will be responsible for the provision of direct service to clients in adoption/therapeutic foster care; direct casework and support services to all members of the adoption triad and foster care; documentation of all of the above.
Adoption & Children’s Services Caseworker:
- Post-placement supervision of pre-adoptive children including home visits, on a schedule determined by the jurisdiction having authority over the placement and including written reports on the child and family’s wellbeing and overall adoption adjustment.
- Upon placement of a foster child/sibling group from outside of New York with an A&CS family, conducting all post-placement supervisory visits and issuing written reports on the schedule outlined in the contract for services between FSW/A&CS and the sending state/agency.
- Upon matching of an A&CS family with a child or sibling group from New York, facilitating plans for placement with the child/sibling group’s team.
- Upon placement of a New York foster child/sibling group, conducting all post-placement supervisory visits and inputting all required information in the Connections system.
- For all children and families, provision of linkages to community resources for maintenance of mental and physical health and any other requested services or needs of the child and family.
Therapeutic Foster Care Family Specialist:
- Understanding of the foster care system and children.
- Clinical skills and ability to work with children, biological parents, foster parents, schools, service providers, attorneys and Westchester County Department of Social Services.
- Flexibility of schedule (must possess method of transportation.)
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- COVID-19 vaccination is required to work at Family Services of Westchester. Proof of vaccination against COVID-19 must be submitted as part of employment application.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and must be able to drive to home visits and other case work appointments as they relate to case planning.
At FSW, we enjoy working in a collaborative, mission-driven environment and value the benefits of a diversified workplace that prioritizes our clients and the communities we serve. If you want to make a difference in the lives of thousands of people across the communities of Westchester, and if the Care Manager position speaks to your capabilities, experience and commitment to social service, please apply through Indeed.com. Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or email.
Family Services of Westchester is an equal opportunity employer.