Family Services of Westchester, Inc. (FSW) provides mental health and social services that strengthen and support families, children, and individuals at every stage of their lives. Serving 30,000 people a year, including 20,000 children, with nearly 50 innovative programs, including counseling, education, and support, FSW is a pillar of health in the Westchester community, here to create hope, restore dignity and connect families with the resources to get back on track.
FSW’s Community Residence for Children and Adolescents is an OMH-licensed eight-bed residential setting for adolescent boys who have been diagnosed with a Severe Emotional Disturbance (SED).
The Community Residence of provides families with education, information, skill development, and emotional support. Rehabilitation for children and adolescents at the Community Residence occurs in a therapeutic milieu that provides caring and respect, while fostering healing, growth and the development of skills.
Family Services of Westchester is seeking Full-time and Part-Time Child Care Counselors to work at our Community Residence in New Rochelle, NY. The candidate will be responsible and able to professionally conduct themselves while representing Family Services of Westchester.
1) Sun. 10 am to 10 pm
2) Sun. to Thurs. 11pm to 7 am
3) Mon. to Fri. 3 to 11 pm
- Direct Service position to monitor, train and support positive gains in child activities of daily living.
- Provide individualized care for each resident in a therapeutic milieu.
- Prompt positive social interactions based upon the individual treatment plan for each child and family.
- To keep a daily written report and log on the daily activities of the group.
- To counsel and/or assist child manage their behaviors and utilize the safety plan in order to prevent and/or decrease crisis situations.
- High School diploma
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum 21 years old
At FSW, we enjoy working in a collaborative, mission-driven environment and value the benefits of a diversified workplace that prioritizes our clients and the communities we serve. If you want to make a difference in the lives of thousands of people across the communities of Westchester, and if the position of Child Care Counselor speaks to your capabilities, experience, and commitment to social service. Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or email.
Please send your resume to Mitchel Hobson at email@example.com
Family Services of Westchester is an equal opportunity employer.