|Job title||Clinician/Social Worker, Family Mental Health Program (Mount Vernon)|
|Reports to||Marlene Furtick, Director, Family Mental Health|
Family Services of Westchester, Inc. (FSW) provides mental health and social services that strengthen and support families, children and individuals at every stage of their lives. Serving 30,000 people a year, including 20,000 children, with nearly 50 innovative programs, including counseling, education and support, FSW is a pillar of health in the Westchester community, here to create hope, restore dignity and connect families with the resources to get back on track.
Family Services of Westchester’s seven Family Mental Health Program Centers are licensed by the New York State Office of Mental Health to offer comprehensive mental and behavioral health services at convenient locations throughout Westchester County.
Each Family Mental Health Center is staffed by a highly trained team of social workers, psychologists and psychiatrists who are committed to offering confidential, customized care that’s tailored to your (and your family’s) needs. Our Family Centers offer therapy in English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Swedish, German, Farsi and more. Our professionals are highly trained to deal with conditions like depression and anxiety, as well as sensitive issues like aging, chronic illness or disability that may be negatively affecting you or your family.
Family Services of Westchester is currently seeking a Clinician/Social Worker for the Family Mental Health Program in the Mount Vernon area location.
POSITION TITLE: Clinician/Social Worker
SALARY: $52,000.00 – $57,000.00/Year
SUPERVISED BY: Program Director, Family Mental Health
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Dispatch to mental health crises in Mount Vernon, NY
- Assess, engage, de-escalate and stabilize people and situations
- Help people get linked to the services they need
- Interface with community leaders, police and providers
- Master’s Degree in Social Work
- LMSW, LMHC, or LMFT (Required) and current New York State registration and license as a Licensed Master of Social Work (LMSW) or corresponding degree
- CASAC a plus
- Outstanding clinical, assessment, and diagnostic skills
- Proficient in the use of computers, and specifically with electronic medical records
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a culturally diverse population
- Team-focused collaborator
- Passionate about providing high-quality care to low-income, underserved residents in a mental health setting
- Excellent interpersonal skills both verbally and in writing
- Highly organized, self–directed
- Engaged in learning and continuous quality improvement
- Excellent clinical experience with mentally ill, substance abuse afflicted population
- Desire to work in underserved communities
- Fluent in English and Spanish (Required)
- Must have a valid NYS driving license
- COVID-19 VACCINATION IS REQUIRED
There are a variety of benefits to joining Family Services of Westchester, an organization with over 65 years of history impacting vulnerable communities. In addition to the opportunity to connect with and help thousands of residents in Westchester County, FSW offers its employees an inspiring, diverse and team-based work environment with comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 403(b) and generous paid time off.
At FSW, we enjoy working in a collaborative, mission-driven environment and value the benefits of a diversified workplace that prioritizes our clients and the communities we serve. If you want to make a difference in the lives of thousands of people across the communities of Westchester, and this position of Clinician/Social Worker speaks to your capabilities, experience and commitment to social service, please complete the online application on Indeed.com, upload your resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or email.
To apply, please email resume to Marlene Furtick @ Marlene.Furtick@fsw.org
Family Services of Westchester is an equal opportunity employer.