Family Services of Westchester, Inc. (FSW) provides mental health and social services that strengthen and support families, children and individuals at every stage of their lives. Serving 30,000 people a year, including 20,000 children, with nearly 50 innovative programs, including counseling, education and support, FSW is a pillar of health in the Westchester community.
JOB TITLE: Co-Teacher (Early Head Start)
JOB STATUS: Full-time
SUPERVISED BY: Site Director
The Services to Children with Disabilities content area is an integral part of the larger system of services provided by Head Start. It plays an important part in supporting the goals of the program. This position is responsible for services to children with disabilities of the Head Start Performance Standards. This includes working to develop appropriate placement and early childhood education curriculum and providing educational resources for staff and parents, ensuring compliance with performance standards and recognized best practices in the field of early childhood education and special education. This position ensures that the disabilities services provided are supported by staff and/or consultant with training and experience in field(s) related to social, human or family services so that needed services for children with disabilities can be individualized and secured.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan and execute activities in accordance with curriculum guides.
- Communicate with parents in parent teacher conferences.
- Monitor and document childrens development in teaching strategies “Gold”.
- Create and maintain a developmentally appropriate enviornment.
- Address and support the individual needs of each child.
- At FSW, we require proof of vaccination against COVID-19 to work at any of our locations.
COVID-19 VACCINATION IS REQUIRED
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8-hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- White Plains, NY 10605: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- At FSW, we require proof of vaccination against COVID-19 to work at any of our locations. Are you able to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination?
- CPR Certification (Preferred)
- Child Development Associate Certification (Required)
Work Location: One location
At FSW, we enjoy working in a collaborative, mission-driven environment and value the benefits of a diversified workplace that prioritizes our clients and the communities we serve. If you want to make a difference in the lives of thousands of people across the communities of Westchester, and if the C0-Teacher position speaks to your capabilities, experience and commitment to social service, please apply through Indeed.com. Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or email.
Family Services of Westchester, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please send your resume to: Maria Pilco: email@example.com