|Job title||Community Health Workers|
|Reports to||Yanira Cruz, Senior Manager and Kylie Robertson, Community Health Team Leader|
Family Services of Westchester, Inc. (FSW) provides mental health and social services that strengthen and support families, children, and individuals at every stage of their lives. Serving 30,000 people a year, including 20,000 children, with nearly 50 innovative programs, including counseling, education, and support, FSW is a pillar of health in the Westchester community, here to create hope, restore dignity and connect families with the resources to get back on track.
All FSW sites are located in Westchester County which offers excellent schools, easy access to a multitude of outdoor activities and superb transportation connections to New York City. FSW offers its employees an inspiring, diverse and team-based work environment with comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 403(b) and generous paid time off.
Family Services of Westchester is seeking 4 bilingual full-time
Community Health Workers for our COMPHS Program.
POSITION TITLE: Community Health Workers
STATUS: Full-time, 35-hour week
SUPERVISED BY: Senior Manager and Community Health Team Leader
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct depression and anxiety screening utilizing standardized screening tools
- Provides brief counseling, education, and resources for support services including referrals for mental health services
- Assess individuals’ needs related to Social Determinants of Health and proved resources
- Conducts in-person and digital/remote outreach (phone, text, and virtual) to engage with community members
- Attends/tables at community events such as Heritage festivals, walks/runs and other local events to connect with the community and promote programs and services.
- Must have BA or BSW
- Must be Bilingual
- COVID-19 VACCINATION IS REQUIRED.
There are a variety of benefits to joining Family Services of Westchester, an organization with over 65 years of history impacting vulnerable communities. In addition to the opportunity to connect with and help thousands of residents in Westchester county, FSW offers its employees an inspiring, diverse and team-based work environment with comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 403(b) and generous paid time off.
At FSW, we enjoy working in a collaborative, mission-driven environment and value the benefits of a diversified workplace that prioritizes our clients and the communities we serve. If you want to make a difference in the lives of thousands of people across the communities of Westchester, and if the position of Community Health Worker peaks to your capabilities, experience and commitment to social service, please upload your resume. Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or email.
Family Services of Westchester is an equal opportunity employer.