Family Services of Westchester’s Pandemic Supportive Services Program offers Westchester residents support and resources to cope, recover and find their strength after testing positive for COVID-19.
Eligibility: If you have tested positive for COVID-19* and have supportive documentation that states you must quarantine in your home, please reach out to us for support and assistance. This program includes:
- Case management
- PPE supply care packages
- Counseling / teletherapy
- Multiple daily wellness checks
- Referrals to other healthcare providers and other services as needed
- Contactless, free food delivery
Shellese Dixon-Rawls (Program Supervisor)
914-738-1728 ext. 29
*If you have not tested positive but are in need of any of these services, please contact us at (914) 937-2320 or see below:
- For virtual counseling or teletherapy, please visit Click Here >.
- Contactless food delivery is available for all seniors (and those who are immunocompromised) in Westchester and lower Putnam County. Click Here >.
Funding for this program was an initiative from County Executive George Latimer. We thank the County Health Department, Department of Social Services, New York State Health Dept. and New York State Contract Tracers.