Family Services of Westchester, Inc. (FSW) provides mental health and social services that strengthen and support families, children and individuals at every stage of their lives. Serving 30,000 people a year, including 20,000 children, with nearly 50 innovative programs, including counseling, education and support, FSW is a pillar of health in the Westchester community. FSW is an essential network of services for underserved Westchester residents, here to create hope, restore dignity and connect families with the resources to get back on track.
The Data Management Specialist will provide data management, analysis, and reporting for all programmatic and administrative functions across the Early Childhood and Head Start programs. The goal of this position is to ensure that external program deliverables and internal reports are completed on time and with fidelity, and that internal processes are created and maintained to inform integrated decision-making for the organization. This role is central to the retention of current funders and expansion of programs based upon high-quality data collection and visualization and the support of effective, data-driven decision-making for all aspects of FSW’s Early Childhood Programs. In addition, it ensures that children are receiving needed services in a timely basis. This position performs data coordination duties covering areas such as Head Start Enterprise System (HSES), Child Outcomes, Planning, & Administration (COPA), Teaching Strategies Gold (TSG) (or other software), PIR, attendance, in-kind, application, and enrollment lists, waiting lists, screening, and exam follow up and completion status, child and family outcomes, etc. Performs all duties as required by the supervisor and other duties as assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● In coordination with supervisor, ensure data entry into the COPA system is timely and accurate.
● Provide training to new staff on functionality of all Head Start tracking systems.
● Collects and maintains program information for grant writing and reporting, monitor data quality, ensuring managers are on track with grant deliverables.
● Monitors waiting list for accuracy on a monthly basis.
● Responsible for ensuring all class and staff roasters are up to date in systems in coordination with the management team
● Verifies attendance and meal counts entered into COPA on a weekly basis and submits end of month data into CACFP database.
● Responsible for all CACFP reporting and extraction of CACFP data when necessary.
● Facilitates annual evaluation meetings for each program staff and adjusts logic models, programs goals, and outcomes based on previous year evaluation.
● Works closely with program managers/specialists/coordinators, classroom staff and family services staff/case managers to collect, enter and analyze accurate information on all Head Start/Early Head Start applicants and clients.
● Responsible for the end of year Program Information Report which requires ensuring accurate and timely PIR data is entered into the COPA system.
● Work closely with the education manager to run TSG reports for the end of year program self- assessment.
● Review data with program managers bi-weekly or monthly to ensure validity and quality.
● Communicate both negative and positive trends in data with program leaders
● Conduct routine QA to ensure data integrity and compliance in all areas of COPA.
● Facilitate Focus Groups and lead survey process
● Work with program staff to identify program participants for various focus groups
● Engage with clients so they feel safe to provide valuable information pertaining to program function and customer satisfaction.
● Lead annual Self-Assessment and Community Assessment process
– Help identify consultants to assist program with Community Needs Assessment
– Provide consultants with programmatic data, as requested.
● Assist in strategizing program improvement plans
– Work with program leadership to identify challenges and areas of improvement.
– Lead process of ongoing monitoring of the program.
● Work closely with Program Management to ensure that data management systems remain capable of meeting ongoing and future requirements.
● Run program reports for funders and assist program staff with data extraction.
● Generates regular and special reports as requested. Compiles information into relevant demographic data reports for needs assessment and program planning.
● Design database usage guides based on roles and responsibilities.
COMPLIANCE MANAGEMENT :
● Report monthly enrollment in HSES
– Ensure all class rosters are accurate.
● Submission of all PIR’s to HSES
– Coordinate and report all PIR’s.
– Final data check with program leads before submission of reports.
● Set up database to map PIR indicators appropriately
– Identify data entry points that connect to PIR indicators.
– Monthly QA checks to ensure PIR reliability.
– Work with staff to identify missing data
● Provide ECE Dashboard information on a quarterly basis.
● Submits all information in an accurate and timely manner.
● Revise Data Plan annually.
- COVID-19 vaccination is required to work at Family Services of Westchester. Proof of vaccination against COVID-19 must be submitted as part of employment application.
At FSW, we enjoy working in a collaborative, mission-driven environment and value the benefits of a diversified workplace that prioritizes our clients and the communities we serve. If you want to make a difference in the lives of thousands of people across the communities of Westchester, and if the positionof Clinician speaks to your capabilities, experience and commitment to social service, please complete the online application on Indeed.com, upload your resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or email.
Family Services of Westchester is an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply, please email resume to Joquene.HRamirez@fsw.org