Family Services of Westchester, Inc. (FSW) provides mental health and social services that strengthen and support families, children and individuals at every stage of their lives. Serving 30,000 people a year, including 20,000 children, with nearly 50 innovative programs, including counseling, education and support, FSW is a pillar of health in the Westchester community. FSW is an essential network of services for underserved Westchester residents, here to create hope, restore dignity and connect families with the resources to get back on track.
Our services are run by our compassionate, highly trained staff of more than 450 professionals and paraprofessionals includes Master’s level social workers, psychiatrists, clinical psychologists, child care workers, nurses, certified home health aides, multilingual clinicians, peer counselors and early childhood educators.
FSW’s Family Mental Health Centers are licensed by the New York State Office of Mental Health to offer comprehensive mental and behavioral health services at convenient locations throughout Westchester County, including Hastings-on-Hudson, Mount Vernon, Pelham, Port Chester, Sleepy Hollow, White Plains, and Yonkers. For more information, please visit our website at www.fsw.org.
Family Services of Westchester (FSW) is seeking a Full-time Desktop Support Technician to support and maintain FSW’s end user technologies, such as laptops, desktops, phones, printers, networking, Office 365, and other peripherals.
This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware and equipment while ensuring optimal performance for our colleagues. As well as providing end-user guidance and improve adoption of technologies deployed.
The person will troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone) in a timely and accurate fashion and provide end-user assistance where required.
All work is logged and tracked in a central ticket management system.
- Receive and respond to incoming phone calls, and/or tickets regarding end user technical issues and requests
- Troubleshoot, identify and repair hardware and network connectivity issues (WAN)
- Setup, maintain, diagnose and troubleshoot problems with Windows operating system and various software applications, file-sharing, telephone, and printing.
- Administer and resolve issues with associated end-user workstation network software products
- Add, delete and change user profiles in Active Directory for user management
- Write, update, maintain documentation; end-user and internal (IT)
- Document common issues/causes/solutions, create user and web based guides as well as FAQ’s into the knowledgebase.
- Update ticketing system tickets appropriately, include all relevant information related to troubleshooting and results.
- Ensure tickets are completed within agreed SLA’s
- Ability to support remote users, establish VPN and remote desktop for all remote users
- Interact with vendors to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software
- Some project-based work in support of management, senior technical and project management staff
- Update and maintain the IT inventory
|% of Time
|Service; Delivering operational excellence across the services provided
|Technical; Provide technical expertise to resolve issues in a timely manner
|Customer Service; Servicing FSW colleagues to ensure issues gets address
|Security; Adhere to and ensure security of FSW information is safeguarded
Experience & Knowledge
- Experience supporting and maintaining Electronic Medical Records system, e.g. CareLogic
- Ticket management experience
- Working technical knowledge of current networking protocols, operating systems, and standards.
- Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation and OEM guides.
- Demonstrate strong customer service skills
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge on the concepts for Active Directory with the ability to perform add/transfers/terminations, as well as GPO management
- Working experience of Microsoft Office 365, incl. Intune MDM
- Experience using collaboration tools such as Microsoft Teams, and ZOOM preferred
- Must have experience in administrative, incident response, and operational responsibilities
- Eligible to work within the US
- High School diploma or equivalent, and/or 3 years work experience in related field.
- Have a driver’s license and own a car as traveling site to site is required
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role
- ITIL Certification desired
- Excellent knowledge of PC and desktop hardware
- Microsoft certifications; Windows OS, Office suite and O365
- Networking experience; patching, troubleshooting and basic configuration
- Team-focused collaborator
- Highly organized, self –directed
- Engaged in learning and continuous quality improvement
- COVID-19 vaccination is required to work at Family Services of Westchester. Proof of vaccination against COVID-19 must be submitted as part of employment application
There are a variety of benefits to joining Family Services of Westchester, an organization with over 65 years of history impacting vulnerable communities. In addition to the opportunity to connect with and help thousands of residents in Westchester county, FSW offers its employees an inspiring, diverse and team-based work environment with comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 403(b) and generous paid time off. For clinicians, we offer opportunities for quarterly bonuses based on productivity.
At FSW, we enjoy working in a collaborative, mission-driven environment and value the benefits of a diversified workplace that prioritizes our clients and the communities we serve. If you want to make a difference in the lives of thousands of people across the communities of Westchester, and if the position of Clinician speaks to your capabilities, experience and commitment to social service, please complete the online application on Indeed.com, upload your resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or email.
Family Services of Westchester is an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply, please email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org