Family Services of Westchester (FSW) is seeking a Development Associate to support the activities of the Development and External Affairs Office. Responsibilities include maintenance of donor database, gift entry, generating acknowledgement letters, overseeing creation of marketing materials, and helping to manage communications with volunteers.
- Bachelors degree and 1-2 years of experience in a non-profit setting preferred.
- Customer service oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superior organizational skills and the ability to manage a variety of projects
- Accuracy and meticulous attention to detail are essential
- Computer proficiency with command of Windows environment and Office applications, Adobe Acrobat, and Photoshop.
- Experience with donor perfect or other donor databases including knowledge of how to generate reports.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment.
Job requirements include but are not limited to:
- Oversee all database administration
- Process all gifts made to FSW
- Design queries and exports to generate both standardized and customized income analysis reports and mailing lists
- Maintain donor records in Donor Perfect
- Copy and file all letters, gifts and donor correspondence in donor files.
- Generate weekly gift report
- Work closely with accounting/finance department on income reconciliation.
- Generate and prepare weekly acknowledgment letters
- Prepare monthly contributed income report
- Assist in preparation of other reports as needed for VP of Development and Director of Development
- Provide technical assistance to Development Department related to Donor Perfect
- Maintain Development expense budgets, prepare invoices and reconcile accounts with Finance
- Prepare lists for direct mail needs
- Oversee program specific direct mailings that are generated by the development office including list management, mail merges, printingand sending.
- Coordinate processing of in-kind donationincluding communication with FSW program staff who receive donations, generating acknowledgement letters, tracking gifts on donor perfect and serving as liaison with Gifts in Kind program.
- Assist as needed in event preparation.
- Provide general support to facilitate all efforts of the Development Department
- Coordinate the design, printing and distribution of marketing and communication materials for development efforts as needed.
- Work closely with program staff on printed materials to ensure consistent branding of agency across all genres of communications.
- Oversee ordering and creation of all marketing materials as requested by the different programs or general agency.
- Oversee volunteer listings on FSW website and external volunteer sites
- Serve as gatekeeper for Volunteers who apply or reach out to get involved.
- Track all volunteer communications via Donor Perfect.
Please include a cover letter when applying. Serious candidates ONLY.