|Job title||Director of Operations, Early Childhood Program (Purchase)|
|Reports to||Joquene Hall Ramirez, Senior Vice President, Early Childhood Programs, Head Start|
Family Services of Westchester, Inc. (FSW) provides mental health and social services that strengthen and support families, children and individuals at every stage of their lives. Serving 30,000 people a year, including 20,000 children, with nearly 50 innovative programs, including counseling, education and support, FSW is a pillar of health in the Westchester community, here to create hope, restore dignity and connect families with the resources to get back on track.
Family Services of Westchester’s seven Family Mental Health Program Centers are licensed by the New York State Office of Mental Health to offer comprehensive mental and behavioral health services at convenient locations throughout Westchester County.
Each Family Mental Health Center is staffed by a highly trained team of social workers, psychologists and psychiatrists who are committed to offering confidential, customized care that’s tailored to your (and your family’s) needs. Our Family Centers offer therapy in English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Swedish, German, Farsi and more. Our professionals are highly trained to deal with conditions like depression and anxiety, as well as sensitive issues like aging, chronic illness or disability that may be negatively affecting you or your family.
The Director of Operations, Early Childhood Programs, works in collaboration with department leadership, to assure all administrative, operational and fiscal systems are developed and maintained at the highest quality, while providing guidance, support and leadership across all programs within Early Childhood. The Director of Operations will demonstrate a commitment to creating an inclusive and equitable workplace as they work in conjunction with Program Leaders in fiscal planning, working towards the development of short and long-term strategic goals of the departments to ensure robust and sustainable resources for programs.
POSITION TITLE: Director of Operations, Early Childhood Program
SUPERVISED BY: Senior Vice President, Early Childhood and Head Start Program
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the financial activities and accountability of Early Childhood Programs.
- Ensure full compliance with applicable local, state, and federal regulations and laws that govern the programs and facilities, including licensing, audits and site inspections, so that the organization is “review ready.”
- Works in collaboration, with staff and parents, on program design and implementation.
- Partners with internal and external clients as needed such as funders, regulators, school administrators, and support services.
- Participates in the development and management of budgets in partnership with department heads, finance staff, and agency executive leadership.
- Mitigates financial risk and ensures fiscal compliance with agency, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Collaborates with program staff to forecast budgets.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge on agencies funding sources, grants and contracts.
- Manages the successful overall in-kind matching reconciliation, including volunteer time that ensures we meet our federal requirements for matching funds.
- Supports the review and submission of all data and narrative reports, program updates related to funding requirements.
- Oversee maintenance of fiscal and operational pieces in department databases. (Ex., HSES, Dashboard, etc.)
- Collaborates and builds sustainable partnerships with our partner schools and other non-governmental external partners through fiscal planning and timely information sharing.
- Experience managing Head Start, CACFP, UPK contracts.
- Non-profit experience required.
- Must have valid NYS driving license and daily access to car.
- COVID-19 VACCINATION IS REQUIRED
There are a variety of benefits to joining Family Services of Westchester, an organization with over 65 years of history impacting vulnerable communities. In addition to the opportunity to connect with and help thousands of residents in Westchester County, FSW offers its employees an inspiring, diverse and team-based work environment with comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 403(b) and generous paid time off.
At FSW, we enjoy working in a collaborative, mission-driven environment and value the benefits of a diversified workplace that prioritizes our clients and the communities we serve. If you want to make a difference in the lives of thousands of people across the communities of Westchester, and if this Director of Operations, Early Childhood Program position speaks to your capabilities, experience and commitment to social service, please complete the online application on Indeed.com, upload your resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or email.
To apply, please send resume to Joquene Hall Ramirez: Joquene.HRamirez@fsw.org
and Hardy Griffin @ Hardy@griffinrecruiters.com
Family Services of Westchester is an equal opportunity employer.