Family Services of Westchester (FSW) provides mental health and social services that strengthen and support families, children and individuals at every stage of their lives. With 50 innovative programs, FSW serves 30,000 individuals annually in Westchester County, New York.
Founded in 1954, Family Services of Westchester is a private, nonprofit, non-sectarian social services agency.
The Director of Preventive Services and Foster Care oversees and develops programs funded through the Department of Social Services and Department of Community Mental Health- Early Childhood Mental Health (Early Step Forward, Early Childhood Respite, Quality in Action, and Family Strengthening), Family Preservation, and Foster Care and Adoption. Other programs to oversee to be determined.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interface on regular basis with State agencies.
- Develop new programs
- Enhance existing programs
- Hire and supervise Coordinators/Directors of programs
- Makes sure all programs are running at capacity and oversees referrals coming in.
- Is Liaison with DSS and DCMH and Represents FSW at all meetings with DCMH and DSS.
- Responsible for Contracts and budgets for DCMH and DSS.
- Ensure all staff is trained in their respective documentation platform and that all entries are done in timely manner
- Informs supervisor of any problems that may affect quality and standards of the department operations
- Fosters good communication between FSW and community partners
- Demonstrates ability to function in a culturally sensitive manner within FSW’s philosophy and mission
- Maintain client confidentiality at all times
- LMSW with experience in preventive and foster care work.
- Strong leadership abilities with the capability to problem solve and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to interface with senior leaders in state agencies and direct care staff
- Ability to develop and nurture a strong, cohesive team
- Highly organized and self-directed
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, high accountability environment
- Flexible and exhibits the ability to adapt as situations evolve
- Effective in problem solving and exhibits excellent judgment and the ability to prioritize
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Forward and flexible thinker that can envision program growth and develop plans to bring concept to reality
- Strong Clinical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills including excellent active listening and clear oral communication skills
- Ability to supervise people with different levels of experience
- Culturally competent/sensitive (racial, ethnic, linguistic, LGBTQ+, physical ability, etc.) and committed to inclusive, multi-cultural programming
- Able to use different platforms to report
- COVID-19 vaccination is required to work at Family Services of Westchester. Proof of vaccination against COVID-19 must be submitted as part of employment application.
- Schedule determined by program needs, but generally 9:00-5:00pm
There are a variety of benefits to joining Family Services of Westchester, an organization with over 65 years of history impacting vulnerable communities. In addition to the opportunity to connect with and help thousands of residents in Westchester County, FSW offers its employees an inspiring, diverse and team-based work environment with comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending accounts and 403(b).
At FSW, we enjoy working in a collaborative, mission-driven environment and value the benefits of a diversified workplace that prioritizes our clients and the communities we serve. If you want to make a difference in the lives of thousands of people across the communities of Westchester, and if the position of Senior Program Manager speaks to your capabilities, experience and commitment to social service, please apply on Indeed.com. Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or email.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org