Family Services of Westchester (FSW) is looking for an Entry Level Cook for our Center For all Ages Inter-generational program in White Plains, NY . This position is entry level and would be required to accurately and efficiently cook and prep, as well as prepare and portion food products prior to cooking.
Under general supervision, performs a variety of food service duties.
Essential Job Duties
- Responsible for ordering and maintaining stockroom/pantry.
- Delivers and presents trays to elderly participants with Alzheimers disease.
- Stocks and cleans during down times.
- Independently resolves service issues.
- Knows menu, portion, prior to meal service to provide appropriate service to clients, including answering questions and serving food.
- Performs basic food prep for all areas.
- Performs cook to order service.
- Sets up and serves according to requested level and scope of service.
- Ongoing interaction with elderly participants.
- Food Handlers Permit (SERVSAFE)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to follow instructions
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to handle problems and difficult situations
- Basic math skills
- Read, write, and communicate effectively
- Food Service experience
- High School Diploma/GED Certification
- Food Prep/Line Cook: 2 years