|Job title||Family Advocate, Early Childhood Program (Yonkers)|
|Reports to||Hope Lilian, Senior Family & Community Engagement Manager, Head Start|
Family Services of Westchester (FSW) provides mental health and social services that strengthen and support families, children and individuals at every stage of their lives. With 50 innovative programs, FSW serves 30,000 individuals annually in Westchester County, New York, here to create hope, restore dignity and connect families with the resources to get back on track.
Founded in 1954, Family Services of Westchester is a private, nonprofit, non-sectarian social services agency.
FSW’s Head Start/Early Head Start is a federal government program that was created in 1965 to give preschool children from low-income families a “head start” on their readiness for elementary school.
Family Services of Westchester is looking for a full-time Family Advocate for our Head Start program in Yonkers, NY.
POSITION TITLE: Family Advocate, Early Childhood Programs
STATUS: Permanent/Full Time (Monday – Friday (8am – 4pm)
SUPERVISED BY: Senior Family and Community Engagement Manager
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify, recruit eligible families to conduct thorough intakes to ensure maximum enrollment.
- Build trusting relationships with families using a strength-based approach while maintaining cultural responsiveness.
- Ensure completion of all documentation, enter all information into the database.
- Coordinate parent engagement activities, parent committee meeting and provide families with community resources.
- Effectively communicate with families, staff, management and community partners.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- FDC (Family Development Credential)
- Bilingual is Strongly Preferred
- COVID-19 VACCINATIONS REQUIRED
There are a variety of benefits to joining Family Services of Westchester, an organization with over 65 years of history impacting vulnerable communities. In addition to the opportunity to connect with and help thousands of residents in Westchester County, FSW offers its employees an inspiring, diverse and team-based work environment with comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and 403(b).
At FSW, we enjoy working in a collaborative, mission-driven environment and value the benefits of a diversified workplace that prioritizes our clients and the communities we serve. If you want to make a difference in the lives of thousands of people across the communities of Westchester, and if the position of Family Advocate, Early Childhood Programs peaks to your capabilities, experience and commitment to social service, please complete the online application on Indeed.com and upload your resume. Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or email.
To apply, please email resume to Hope Lilian: Hope.Lilian@fsw.org
FSW is an equal opportunity employer.