Family Services of Westchester, Inc. (FSW) provides mental health and social services that strengthen and support families, children and individuals at every stage of their lives. Serving 30,000 people a year, including 20,000 children, with nearly 50 innovative programs, including counseling, education and support, FSW is a pillar of health in the Westchester community.
FSW’s Early Childhood programs emphasize the critical importance that good health and good parenting strategies play during the years from birth to age five. FSW offers the following Early Childhood education programs: Early Step Forward, Early Head Start, Head Start/Universal Pre-K, Prime Time Therapeutic Preschool for Special Education and Early Childhood Respite. For more information, please visit our website at www.fsw.org.
Family Services of Westchester is currently seeking full-time Family Advocates for our locations across Westchester County.
The Mental Health Family Advocate creates, provides, and coordinates services and activities with families and communities that foster strength, healthy living and overall well-being. They also provide support in a case management style and act as a liaison between families. Mental Health Specialist, Family Advocates, the community, and other family-related services.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work directly with Mental Health Specialists and conduct Trauma Screening of children.
- Report Trauma screenings findings to Mental Health Specialists and assist in the referral process
- Assist in the recruitment of Head Start and Early Head Start-eligible families and children with disabilities and underserved populations.
- Select participants for the Head Start and Early Head Start program based on the established plans and procedures.
- Assist to maintain funded enrollment level in accordance with enrollment requirements.
- Conduct thorough intakes with eligible families and ensure all documentation, including health information, is completed and entered into the database management system.
- Make home visits and contact the family as needed or required by agency plans or procedures.
- Use the family partnership agreement throughout the year as a guide to help families reassess their needs.
- Provide support to families of children and disabilities.
- Facilitate parent/guardian involvement in the program.
- Actively participate in and contribute to child and staffing on a regular basis.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
- College Degree
- Credential in Social Work, Human Services, Counseling or related field or a Family Development Credential
- BSW or FDC (preferred)
There are a variety of benefits to joining Family Services of Westchester, an organization with over 65 years of history impacting vulnerable communities. In addition to the opportunity to connect with and help thousands of residents in Westchester County, FSW offers its employees an inspiring, diverse and team-based work environment with comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending accounts and 403(b).
At FSW, we enjoy working in a collaborative, mission-driven environment and value the benefits of a diversified workplace that prioritizes our clients and the communities we serve. If you want to make a difference in the lives of thousands of people across the communities of Westchester, and if the position of Family Advocate speaks to your capabilities, experience and commitment to social service, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or email.
Family Services of Westchester is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time