|Job title||Family Advocate (Mt. Kisco)|
|Reports to||Hope Lilian, Senior Family & Community Engagement Manager, Head Start|
Family Services of Westchester (FSW) provides mental health and social services that strengthen and support families, children and individuals at every stage of their lives. With 50 innovative programs, FSW serves 30,000 individuals annually in Westchester County, New York. Founded in 1954, Family Services of Westchester is a private, nonprofit, non-sectarian social services agency.
FSW’s Head Start/Early Head Start is a federal government program that was created in 1965 to give preschool children from low-income families a “head start” on their readiness for elementary school.
Family Services of Westchester is looking for a full-time Billingual Family Advocate for our Head Start program in Mount Kisco, NY.
Position Title: Family Advocate, Head Start
Supervised by: Family & Community Engagement Manager, Head Start
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify, Recruit eligible families.
- Conduct thorough intakes to ensure maximum enrollment.
- Build trusting relationships with families using a strength-based approach while maintaining cultural responsiveness.
- Ensure completion of all documentation. Enter all information into our database.
- Coordinate parent engagement activities, parent committee meetings and provide families with community resources.
- Effective communication with Families, Staff, Management and Community Partners.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Family Development Credential
- English/Spanish Bilingual is Required
- COVID-19 Vaccination is also Required
There are a variety of benefits to joining Family Services of Westchester, an organization with over 65 years of history impacting vulnerable communities. In addition to the opportunity to connect with and help thousands of residents in Westchester County, FSW offers its employees an inspiring, diverse and team-based work environment with comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and 403(b).
At FSW, we enjoy working in a collaborative, mission-driven environment and value the benefits of a diversified workplace that prioritizes our clients and the communities we serve. If you want to make a difference in the lives of thousands of people across the communities of Westchester, and if the position of Family Advocate speaks to your capabilities, experience and commitment to social service, please complete the online application on Indeed.com and upload your resume. Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or email.
To apply, please email resume to Hope Lilian: Hope.Lilian@fsw.org
Family Services of Westchester is an equal opportunity employer.