Family Services of Westchester (FSW) provides mental health and social services that strengthen and support families, children and individuals at every stage of their lives. With 50 innovative programs, FSW serves 30,000 individuals annually in Westchester County, New York.
Founded in 1954, Family Services of Westchester is a private, nonprofit, non-sectarian social services agency.
FSW’s Head Start/Early Head Start is a federal government program that was created in 1965 to give preschool children from low-income families a “head start” on their readiness for elementary school.
Family Services of Westchester is looking for a full-time Family Advocate for our Head Start program in White Plains, NY.
STATUS: Permanent/ Full Time
SUPERVISED BY: Family and Community Engagement Manager
Schedule: Monday – Friday (8am – 4pm)
- Creates, provides, and coordinates services and activities with families and communities that foster strength, healthy living, and overall well-being.
- Supports and assists families in identifying and meeting their own goals through a family-centered case management model for developing and carrying out the program Family Partnership Agreements and ERSEA, including responsibility for child files, enrollment/applications.
- Coordinates with other specialists in the content areas of education, health (medical, dental, nutrition, mental health), services to children with disabilities, parent, family and community engagement.
- Data management in accordance with Head Start Program Performance Standards to provide quality services to children and families and to support the goals of the program.
- Implement policies and procedures for the Eligibility, Recruitment, Selection, Enrollment, Attendance (ERSEA) portion of the program that supports the effective implementation of services.
Bachelor’s Degree or CDA (Child Development Associate) Credential
COVID-19 VACCINATION IS REQUIRED.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $37,999.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8-hour shift
-COVID-19 VACCINATIONS ARE REQUIRED.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- White Plains, NY 10606: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- At FSW we require proof of COVID-19 vaccination to work at any of our locations. Are you able to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccinations?
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Child Development Associate Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
There are a variety of benefits to joining Family Services of Westchester, an organization with over 65 years of history impacting vulnerable communities. In addition to the opportunity to connect with and help thousands of residents in Westchester County, FSW offers its employees an inspiring, diverse and team-based work environment with comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and 403(b).
At FSW, we enjoy working in a collaborative, mission-driven environment and value the benefits of a diversified workplace that prioritizes our clients and the communities we serve. If you want to make a difference in the lives of thousands of people across the communities of Westchester, and if the position of Family Advocate speaks to your capabilities, experience and commitment to social service, please complete the online application on Indeed.com and upload your resume. Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or email.
FSW is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please send your resume to Hope Lilian: email@example.com