Family Services of Westchester (FSW) provides mental health and social services that strengthen and support families, children and individuals at every stage of their lives. With 50 innovative programs, FSW serves 30,000 individuals annually in Westchester County, New York. Founded in 1954, Family Services of Westchester is a private, nonprofit, non-sectarian social services agency.
Family Services of Westchester is seeking a full-time Family Preservation Caseworker to serve Westchester County families and report to the Program Supervisor. This position will be located in Pelham, NY.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement crisis intervention to families with children at risk of foster care placement
- Coordinate in-home, intensive parenting skill-based program for family in crisis
- Weekly submission of progress notes in Connections system, other case reporting, monthly statistics
- Conducting risk assessments, and develop interventions/plan of care
- Provide short term case managements including referrals and linkage to community resources/services.
- Advocacy, referral/linkages in client’s community
- Bachelor’s Degree, Bachelor of Social Work preferred
- Valid driver’s license and personal vehicle is required
There are a variety of benefits to joining Family Services of Westchester, an organization with over 65 years of history impacting vulnerable communities. In addition to the opportunity to connect with and help thousands of residents in Westchester county, FSW offers its employees an inspiring, diverse and team-based work environment with comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 403(b) and generous paid time off.
At FSW, we enjoy working in a collaborative, mission-driven environment and value the benefits of a diversified workplace that prioritizes our clients and the communities we serve. If you want to make a difference in the lives of thousands of people across the communities of Westchester, and if the position of Family Preservation Worker speaks to your capabilities, experience and commitment to social service, please submit your resume.
FWS is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $48,000.00 per year
Please submit your resume to Laura landano at firstname.lastname@example.org