|Job title||Foster Care Caseworker (White Plains)|
|Reports to||Beth Bernardone, Director, Therapeutic Foster Care|
Family Services of Westchester, Inc. (FSW) provides mental health and social services that strengthen and support families, children and individuals at every stage of their lives. Serving 30,000 people a year, including 20,000 children, with nearly 50 innovative programs, including counseling, education and support, FSW is a pillar of health in the Westchester community, here to create hope, restore dignity and connect families with the resources to get back on track.
Family Services of Westchester is seeking a Foster Care Caseworker at our White Plains site location.
This person will be responsible for the provision of direct service to clients in therapeutic foster care; direct casework and support services to all individuals foster care; documentation of all of the above.
POSITION TITLE: Foster Care Caseworker
STATUS: Full-time/Permanent Position
SALARY: $47,000.00 – $50,000.00/Year
SUPERVISED BY: Director, Therapeutic Foster Care
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Arranging and conducting all supervisory visits with foster youth, foster parents, and birthparents on the required schedule.
- Appearance at all court hearings and meetings with Department of Social Services for youth on caseload.
- Communicating with therapists, school personnel, and other service providers regarding necessary services for foster youth on caseload.
- Obtaining all necessary training in the foster care system procedures and documentation and other relevant topics.
- Inputting all required information in the NYS Connections system in a complete and timely manner.
- Being responsible for on-call coverage in a rotation with other program staff.
- A BSW or related field is required
- Master’s Degree in Social Work preferred
- COVID-19 VACCINATIONS ARE REQUIRED
- Must have a valid driver’s license and must be able to drive to home visits and other case work appointments as they relate to case planning.
At FSW, we enjoy working in a collaborative, mission-driven environment and value the benefits of a diversified workplace that prioritizes our clients and the communities we serve. If you want to make a difference in the lives of thousands of people across the communities of Westchester, and if the Foster Care Caseworker position speaks to your capabilities, experience and commitment to social service, please apply through Indeed.com. Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or email.
To apply, please send resume to Mia Padwa @ Mia.Padwa@fsw.org and Beth Bernardone @ Bbernardone@fsw.org
Family Services of Westchester is an equal opportunity employer.