|Job title||Gatekeeper Program Coordinator, Gatekeeper Program (Purchase)|
|Reports to||Nicolle Brunale, Program Director, Senior Services|
Family Services of Westchester, Inc. (FSW) provides mental health and social services that strengthen and support families, children, and individuals at every stage of their lives. Serving 30,000 people a year, including 20,000 children, with nearly 50 innovative programs, including counseling, education, and support, FSW is a pillar of health in the Westchester community, here to create hope, restore dignity and connect families with the resources to get back on track.
Gatekeeper assists and engages older adults, 55+, who live independently and may be at risk of mental health issues, including depression and anxiety and would benefit from case management services. Gatekeepers are individuals who come into contact with older adults in the course of their everyday jobs or normal activities. The Gatekeeper program coordinator provides presentations and trainings to Gatekeepers to teach them to recognize the signs, symptoms and “red flags” of possible mental illness in older adults. For more information, please visit our website at www.fsw.org.
All FSW sites are located in Westchester County which offers excellent schools, easy access to a multitude of outdoor activities and superb transportation connections to New York City. FSW offers its employees an inspiring, diverse and team-based work environment with comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 403(b) and generous paid time off.
Family Services of Westchester is seeking a full-time Gatekeeper Program Coordinator for our Gatekeeper program.
Basic Function: Responsible for the coordination of the Gatekeeper Program and the provision of geriatric mental health services in the community.
POSITION TITLE: Gatekeeper Program Coordinator
SUPERVISED BY: Program Director, Senior Services
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To identify, engage, and assist older adults (55+) in the community who may be at risk of or are experiencing mental health issues.
- To complete assessments and provide older adults with a proposed plan for services in order to continue to remain independent, including at the point of discharge from the program.
- To provide older adults with appropriate linkages and engage in ongoing collaborations with community providers.
- To provide short term counseling, and basic case management services. Duties can include supportive contact, advocacy, referrals, and benefit and entitlement assistance.
- To engage in ongoing collaborations with community providers.
- To plan and attend outreach and education events in the community, including awareness presentations to older adults, community agencies and other target audiences, to increase identification of vulnerable older adults.
- To complete all documentation, including case notes, community linkages, and statistics.
- To participate in community meetings on geriatric mental health and other pertinent topics to collaborate with other local providers.
- To provide limited support to the Elder Abuse Prevention Program.
- To maintain a limited case load with the FSW Mental Health Clinic.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work
- Geriatric, Mental Health experience preferred
- Bilingual Preferred
- COVID-19 VACCINATION IS REQUIRED.
There are a variety of benefits to joining Family Services of Westchester, an organization with over 65 years of history impacting vulnerable communities. In addition to the opportunity to connect with and help thousands of residents in Westchester county, FSW offers its employees an inspiring, diverse and team-based work environment with comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 403(b) and generous paid time off.
At FSW, we enjoy working in a collaborative, mission-driven environment and value the benefits of a diversified workplace that prioritizes our clients and the communities we serve. If you want to make a difference in the lives of thousands of people across the communities of Westchester, and if the position of Gatekeeper Program Coordinator speaks to your capabilities, experience and commitment to social service, please upload your resume. Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or email.
To apply, please send resume to Nicolle Brunale @ Nicolle.Brunale@fsw.org
Family Services of Westchester is an equal opportunity employer.
I, _________________________________________________, Acknowledge Review of This Job Description. Affirm acceptance of the duties outlined above, and further affirm that I am qualified for these duties.