The Sharing Shelf, FSW’s clothing bank for Westchester children is hosting its upcoming NEW Teen Boutique Spring 2015, formerly Girl Topia. The Teen Boutique is a one-day free, special shopping boutique for girls ages 13-18 from families in financial need. The Sharing Shelf invites girls to attend the event through the recommendation of social service agencies, schools, food pantries and community groups. Each attendee may choose more than a week’s worth of clothing from the display of thousands of donated clothing items as well as shoes and accessories. Everything we offer is screened before the event for quality and we offer only items that are new or gently worn and age appropriate at the boutique. Since our first event took place in November 2012, we’ve hosted five successful events serving over 400 girls from throughout Westchester.
Each season, The Sharing Shelf organizes Teen Boutique in conjunction with volunteers from the community. This spring, The Sharing Shelf is partnering with The Carver Center, located at 400 Westchester Avenue in Port Chester and the event will take place on Sunday, April 26th.
We distribute thousands of clothing and accessory items at each free shopping event. To make it a success, we need your help with donations of the following items:
- T-shirts, shorts, jeans, pants, sweats, skirts, dresses, pajamas, lightweight sweatshirts and sweaters, as well as spring jackets in all sizes from XS- XXL (teen styles only) and pants in 00 – 17/18.
- Gently worn or new shoes and sandals in shoe size adult 6 and up.
- Scarves, handbags, belts and costume jewelry;
- New underwear and bras, new socks and new bathing suits (one piece only);
- New cosmetics and toiletries;
- We have an ACUTE need for jeans and shorts in Women’s sizes 9/10 and up and tops in Teen/Adult large, XL and XXL. If you don’t have your own items to donate, please consider shopping sales and donating new items in these sizes.
Join our Planning Committee
The Sharing Shelf is seeking volunteers to join our Planning Committee to help organize all details for the event. To get involved, please email Program Director, Deborah Blatt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do you work in the apparel industry or have a friend in the business? Please solicit in-kind donations of new items.
- Organize a clothing drive for spring and summer clothing appropriate for teen girls among your friends, neighbors or at your school or place or worship.
Help at The Teen Boutique
- Friday, April 24 from 3:30pm – 6:00 pm to help move clothing from our warehouse to The Carver Center (both are located in Port Chester). Volunteers with vans and SUVs greatly appreciated;
- Saturday, April 25th from 3pm-8pm — to help set up;
- Sunday, April 26th from 9am – 11am — to finish set-up
- Sunday, April 26th from 11am-3pm — adults over 18 (and no longer in high school) are needed to staff the event. To protect the privacy of the teens attending, students in area middle and high schools may not volunteer during Teen Boutique itself.
- Sunday, April 26th from 3pm – 5pm: volunteers of all ages are needed to help close down the event and move items back to The Sharing Shelf.
To volunteer or for more information please email Deborah Blatt at email@example.com.