Family Services of Westchester (FSW) provides mental health and social services that strengthen and support families, children and individuals at every stage of their lives. With 50 innovative programs, FSW serves 30,000 individuals annually in Westchester County, New York, here to create hope, restore dignity and connect families with the resources to get back on track.
Founded in 1954, Family Services of Westchester is a private, nonprofit, non-sectarian social services agency.
FSW’s Head Start/Early Head Start is a federal government program that was created in 1965 to give preschool children from low-income families a “head start” on their readiness for elementary school.
Family Services of Westchester is looking for full-time Head Teachers for our Head Start program in Yonkers, NY. We are hiring for multiple locations throughout Westchester County.
STATUS: Permanent/ Full Time
SUPERVISED BY: Site Director/Site Coordinator / Education Manager
PURPOSE: To interpret and implement the Head Start/Early Head Start
programs. Addressing and supporting the needs of each individual child.
- Ensure the health and safety of children.
- Create and maintain a developmentally appropriate environment.
- Plan and execute activities in accordance with curriculum guides.
- Maintain children’s education files.
- Monitor and document children’s development in Teaching Strategies Gold.
- Communicate with parents/guardians, including, but not limited to, parent-teacher conferences, class newsletters and home visits.
- Supervise and support assistant teachers.
- Collaborate with Family Services, Special Education, Health Services as appropriate.
- Attend team meetings and in-service trainings as required.
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field; NYS Teacher Certification; 2+ years experience.
PERFORMANCE CRITERIA: Performance will be evaluated based on the following:
- Continuing to pursue education in Early Childhood;
- Performance vs. Goals;
Bonus opportunities for eligible Lead Teachers and Assistant Teachers, based on performance and employment status.
There are a variety of benefits to joining Family Services of Westchester, an organization with over 65 years of history impacting vulnerable communities. In addition to the opportunity to connect with and help thousands of residents in Westchester County, FSW offers its employees an inspiring, diverse and team-based work environment with comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and 403(b).
At FSW, we enjoy working in a collaborative, mission-driven environment and value the benefits of a diversified workplace that prioritizes our clients and the communities we serve. If you want to make a difference in the lives of thousands of people across the communities of Westchester, and if the position of Head Start Teacher speaks to your capabilities, experience and commitment to social service, please complete the online application on Indeed.com and upload your resume. Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or email.
Please email Itasha Weaver at Itasha.firstname.lastname@example.org
FSW is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $34,650.00 per year