|Human Resources Generalist (Purchase)
|Chief Talent Officer
Family Services of Westchester, Inc. (FSW) provides mental health and social services that strengthen and support families, children and individuals at every stage of their lives. Serving 30,000 people a year, including 20,000 children, with nearly 50 innovative programs, including counseling, education and support, FSW is a pillar of health in the Westchester community. Founded nearly 65 years ago, FSW is an essential network of services for underserved Westchester residents, here to create hope, restore dignity and connect families with the resources to get back on track.
FSW’s Family Mental Health Centers are licensed by the New York State Office of Mental Health to offer comprehensive mental and behavioral health services at convenient locations throughout Westchester County, including Hastings-on-Hudson, Mount Vernon, Pelham, Port Chester, Sleepy Hollow, White Plains, and Yonkers. For more information, please visit our website at www.fsw.org.
Family Services of Westchester is currently seeking two (2) hybrid Human Resources Generalist positions, who will provide essential daily functions of the Human Resources (HR) department including administration, hiring and interviewing staff, administering benefits and leave and enforcing company policies and practices. The HR Generalist will also be the dedicated business partner for selected programs and report to a Senior HR Manager. This role will be based in Purchase, NY. This role will be hybrid, working from the FSW office in Purchase and up to 2 days remote, following a successful 3-month introductory period. In August 2023, the Purchase office will be relocated to Tarrytown, NY.
POSITION TITLE: Human Resources Generalists (Purchase)
STATUS: Permanent Full-time
SALARY: $50,000.00 – $65,000.00/Year
SUPERVISED BY: Chief Talent Officer
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings
- Conducts new hire orientation and associated administrative tasks
- Performs essential tasks required to administer and execute human resources programs, including but not limited to, benefits and leave, disciplinary matters, disputes and investigations, performance and talent management, productivity, recognition, and morale, occupational health and safety, and training and development
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law
- Performs other duties as assigned
- At least three (3) years of human resource generalist experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required
- SHRM-CP a plus
- Outstanding administrative skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
- Excellent judgement
- Outstanding follow through on tasks
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems
- Solutions driven
- COVID-19 VACCINATIONS REQUIRED.
There are a variety of benefits to joining Family Services of Westchester, an organization with over 65 years of history impacting vulnerable communities. In addition to the opportunity to connect with and help thousands of residents in Westchester County, FSW offers its employees an inspiring, diverse and team-based work environment with comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 403(b) and generous paid time off.
At FSW, we enjoy working in a collaborative, mission-driven environment and value the benefits of a diversified workplace that prioritizes our clients and the communities we serve. If you want to make a difference in the lives of thousands of people across the communities of Westchester, and if the position speaks to your capabilities, experience and commitment to social service, please complete the online application, upload your resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or email. A computer literacy test is part of the recruiting process for finalists.
To apply, please email resume to Tiffany Caceras @ Tiffany.Caceras@fsw.org
Family Services of Westchester is an equal opportunity employer.