Family Services of Westchester, Inc. (FSW) provides mental health and social services that strengthen and support families, children and individuals at every stage of their lives. Serving 30,000 people a year, including 20,000 children, with nearly 50 innovative programs, including counseling, education and support, FSW is a pillar of health in the Westchester community.
Job Description: Family Services of Westchester (FSW) is looking to hire a full-time Program Coordinator/Care Manager to work 40 hours per week for the Respite program located in White Plains, NY.
The Program Coordinator will be responsible for the following:
- Act as primary intake point for new DSS Kinship Foster Care – Respite referrals.
- Setting up appointments with families and coordinating initial visits.
- Complete required documentation; including family and youth progress notes and monthly reporting.
- Provide leadership and guidance to full time, part time, and per diem weekend/weekday respite staff.
- As part of the Respite team, they will develop, strengthen, and support staff development.
- Attend network meetings in the community.
- Attend and co-facilitate monthly staff meetings.
- Carry caseload of Kinship Foster care families, developing sustainable family respite plans that are individualize and culturally competent.
- Embody the culture and values of the program and the agency.
- Assist with other Respite program activities, as required by Respite Director.
- COVID-19 Proof of Vaccination Required
- Bachelors of Social Work or related field. MSW or masters in related field preferred.
- VALID Driver’s License.
- Experience with Connections reporting systems is preferred; experience with other EHR systems and willingness to learn
- Ability to connect with people, recognizing and building on their individual strengths.
- Cultural humility, including sensitivity and awareness.
- Ability to set appropriate boundaries and limits.
- Ability to communicate information clearly and in a strength-based, sensitive way, both orally and in writing.
- Consistency and dependability-being responsible to meet obligations and honor commitments.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team.
- Must have excellent organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Flexibility and willing to work occasional weekends.
- Sense of humor.
At FSW, we enjoy working in a collaborative, mission-driven environment and value the benefits of a diversified workplace that prioritizes our clients and the communities we serve. If you want to make a difference in the lives of thousands of people across the communities of Westchester, and if the position speaks to your capabilities, experience and commitment to social service, please apply through Indeed.com. Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or email.
Family Services of Westchester is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please email resume to Patrick Schelle: firstname.lastname@example.org