Family Services of Westchester, Inc. (FSW) provides mental health and social services that strengthen and support families, children and individuals at every stage of their lives. Serving 30,000 people a year, including 20,000 children, with nearly 50 innovative programs, including counseling, education and support, FSW is a pillar of health in the Westchester community. FSW is an essential network of services for underserved Westchester residents, here to create hope, restore dignity and connect families with the resources to get back on track.
Our services are run by our compassionate, highly trained staff of more than 450 professionals and paraprofessionals includes master’s level social workers, psychiatrists, clinical psychologists, childcare workers, nurses, certified home health aides, multilingual clinicians, peer counselors and early childhood educators.
The Lead Teacher will be responsible for the following:
- Serve as a the Lead Teacher in a Head Start classroom by planning,implementing, and supervising all classroom activities.
- Lead regular documentation, reflection, and planning meetings with teaching team to devise curriculum informed by children’s interests, questions, theories and prior knowledge.
- Partner with the education staff and administration in the overall philosphy and direction of the Head Start Program.
- Create a warm and inclusive enviornment where children and families feel welcome.
- Schedules home visits and parent-teacher conferences with families as required and on an as needed basis and documents these events.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $34,650.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8-hour shift
-COVID-19 VACCINATIONS REQUIRED.
Ability to commute/relocate: Port Chester, NY 10573
-Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- At FSW, we require proof of vaccination against COVID-19 to work at any of our locations. Are you able to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination?
- CPR Certification (Required)
- Child Development Associate Certification (Required)
Work Location: One location
There are a variety of benefits to joining Family Services of Westchester, an organization with over 65 years of history impacting vulnerable communities. In addition to the opportunity to connect with and help thousands of residents in Westchester County, FSW offers its employees an inspiring, diverse and team-based work environment with comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending accounts and 403(b).
At FSW, we enjoy working in a collaborative, mission-driven environment and value the benefits of a diversified workplace that prioritizes our clients and the communities we serve. If you want to make a difference in the lives of thousands of people across the communities of Westchester, and if this position speaks to your capabilities, experience and commitment to social service, please submit an application. Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or email.
Family Services of Westchester is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please send resume to: Danielle Jernigan: email@example.com