Family Services of Westchester, Inc. (FSW) provides mental health and social care services that strengthen and support families, children, and individuals at every stage of their lives. Serving 30,000 people a year, including 20,000 children, with nearly 50 innovative programs, including counseling, education, and support. FSW is a pillar of health in the Westchester community.
Founded in 1954, Family Services of Westchester is a private, nonprofit, non-sectarian social services agency.
FSW’s Head Start/Early Head Start is a federal government program that was created in 1965 to give preschool children from low-income families a “head start” on their readiness for elementary school.
JOB STATUS: Full-Time
Family Services of Westchester is looking for a full-time Lead Teacher for our Port Chester, NY Head Start program. We are hiring for multiple locations throughout Westchester County.
POSITION TITLE: Lead Teacher
SUPERVISED BY: Carol Robinson
- Planning and creating classroom environment with inquiry, exploration, learning and respect.
- Co-construct curriculum based on children’s interests, questions, and development. Develop individual plans for each child.
- Documenting, reflecting and planning from observations.
- Develop schedules and processes to ensure that work is completed in a timely fashion by teaching team.
- Provide coaching, feedback and support to teaching assistants.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree or a Teaching Certification.
- COVID-19 vaccination is required at Family Services of Westchester. Proof of vaccination against COVID-19 must be submitted as part of employment application.
Performance will be evaluated based on:
- Continuing to pursue education in the Early Childhood field.
- Performance and Goals
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $34,650.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8-hour shift
COVID-19 VACCINATIONS REQUIRED.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Port Chester, NY 10573: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- At FSW, we require proof of vaccination against COVID-19 to work at any of our locations. Are you able to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination?
- CPR Certification (Required)
- Child Development Associate Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
There are a variety of benefits to joining Family Services of Westchester, an organization with over 65 years of history impacting vulnerable communities. In addition to the opportunity to connect with and help thousands of residents in Westchester County, FSW offers its employees an inspiring, diverse and team-based work environment with comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and 403(b) for full-time employees.
At FSW, we enjoy working in a collaborative, mission-driven environment, and value the benefits of a diversified workplace that prioritizes our clients and the communities we serve. If you want to make a difference in the lives of thousands of people across the communities of Westchester, and if the position of Lead Teacher speaks to your capabilities, experience, and commitment to social service, please submit your resume and cover letter. Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or email.
FSW is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please send resume to: Carol Dowdell: firstname.lastname@example.org