Family Services of Westchester (FSW) provides mental health and social services that strengthen and support families, children, and individuals at every stage of their lives. With 50 innovative programs, FSW serves 30,000 individuals annually in Westchester County, New York.
Founded in 1954, Family Services of Westchester is a private, nonprofit, non-sectarian social services agency.
FSW’s Head Start/Early Head Start is a federal government program that was created in 1965 to give preschool children from low-income families a “head start” on their readiness for elementary school.
Family Services of Westchester is looking for a full-time Mental Health Specialist for our White Plains, NY program. We are hiring for multiple locations throughout Westchester County.
POSITION TITLE: Mental Health Specialist
STATUS: Permanent/ Full-time
SUPERVISED BY: Carmen Guzman
PURPOSE: To collect and interpret patient information to perform assessments and diagnoses.
- Conduct observations, Strategize with staff to ensure positive learning environments for all children
- Observe and assess children with behavioral, Social, and Emotional Concerns
- Infants, Toddlers, or Pre-schooler achievement of developmental milestones
- Answer questions and other assessments
- Plan with families to address the children’s needs
- Other tasks as assigned by the supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree OR Experience in related field
- COVID-19 vaccination is required to work at Family Services of Westchester. Proof of vaccination against COVID-19 must be submitted as part of employment application
The performance will be evaluated based on:
- Performance and goals
There are a variety of benefits to joining Family Services of Westchester, an organization with over 65 years of history impacting vulnerable communities. In addition to the opportunity to connect with and help thousands of residents in Westchester County, FSW offers its employees an inspiring, diverse, and team-based work environment with comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and 403(b) for full-time employees.
At FSW, we enjoy working in a collaborative, mission-driven environment and value the benefits of a diversified workplace that prioritizes our clients and the communities we serve. If you want to make a difference in the lives of thousands of people across the communities of Westchester, and if the position of Head Start Assistant Teacher speaks to your capabilities, experience and commitment to social service, please submit your resume and cover letter. Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or email.
FSW is an equal opportunity employer.
Work Location: Port Chester, NY
To apply, please email a resume to : Carmen Guzman carmen.guzman@FSW.org