Family Services of Westchester, Inc. (FSW) provides mental health and social services that strengthen and support families, children and individuals at every stage of their lives. Serving 30,000 people a year, including 20,000 children, with nearly 50 innovative programs, including counseling, education and support, FSW is a pillar of health in the Westchester community. hope, restore dignity and connect families with the resources to get back on track.
Family Services of Westchester’s Mobile Crisis Response Teams in Port Chester/catchment area and Ossining/Catchment area act as Emergency First Responder Providers for those in the community that are experiencing a mental health, substance use disorder crisis that includes suicide risk. The calls come from Police who have received 911 calls for assistance and there is close collaboration with the corresponding Police departments. The Mobile Crisis Response teams will be prepared 24/7 to respond to crises in person or at times when appropriate by telephone.
Family Services of Westchester is currently seeking a Program Director to oversee FSW’s Mobile Crisis Response Teams in Port Chester and Ossining. The Director will also work as a First Responder/Clinician and will supervise a team of seven employees.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct a Mobile Crisis Response team for Mental Health Crisis in Port Chester, Ossining and Surrounding area.
- Ensure 24/7 coverage for team of 5-7 providers
- Supervise staff, ensure proper training of staff
- Provide interventions in Home and Community for people experiencing a mental health crisis
- Experience working with Mentally ill individuals of all ages
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, LMSW, LMHC, or LMFT
- Current New York State registration and license as a Licensed Master of Social Work (LMSW) or corresponding degree
- 5+ years of experience providing crisis interventions to individuals of all ages
- Excellent clinical experience with mentally ill, substance abuse afflicted population
- Desire to work in underserved communities
- Outstanding clinical, assessment, and diagnostic skills
- Proficient in the use of computers, and specifically with electronic medical records
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a culturally diverse population
- Team-focused collaborator
- Passionate about providing high-quality care to low-income, underserved residents in a mental health setting
- Excellent interpersonal skills both verbally and in writing
- Highly organized, self –directed
- Engaged in learning and continuous quality improvement
- Must have valid NYS driving license
- COVID-19 VACCINATION IS REQUIRED
There are a variety of benefits to joining Family Services of Westchester, an organization with over 65 years of history impacting vulnerable communities. In addition to the opportunity to connect with and help thousands of residents in Westchester County, FSW offers its employees an inspiring, diverse and team-based work environment with comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 403(b) and generous paid time off.
At FSW, we enjoy working in a collaborative, mission-driven environment and value the benefits of a diversified workplace that prioritizes our clients and the communities we serve. If you want to make a difference in the lives of thousands of people across the communities of Westchester, and this position of leadership speaks to your capabilities, experience and commitment to social service, please complete the online application on Indeed.com, upload your resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or email.
Family Services of Westchester is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time