Family Services of Westchester, Inc. (FSW) provides mental health and social services that strengthen and support families, children and individuals at every stage of their lives. Serving 30,000 people a year, including 20,000 children, with nearly 50 innovative programs, including counseling, education and support, FSW is a pillar of health in the Westchester community. hope, restore dignity and connect families with the resources to get back on track.
FSW’s Children’s Health Home – FSW’s Children’s Health Home care managers work closely with children, ages 6 to 21, and their families or caregivers to oversee and provide all of the services a child may need to stay healthy.
Family Services of Westchester is currently seeking a Program Manager. The Program Manager is responsible for the oversight and supervision of FSW’s Children’s Health Home Program. The Children’s Health Home program aims to improve members’ physical and mental health outcomes and assist members and their families in becoming independent and informed consumers. Responsibilities of the Program Manager include staff training, supervision, and program administration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in new staff recruitment
- Trains new staff and monitors progress towards 30-60-90-day goals and achievement of competencies
- Conducts performance evaluations and competency assessments; implements performance improvement plans as needed
- Receives notices from staff members calling out sick and plans for coverage of member services; covers member services as needed
- Facilitates staff meetings and ongoing staff training
- Provides 1:1 supervision/case conference to Care Managers
- Reviews Care Manager documentation including progress notes, assessments and care plans and addresses identified issues
- Collaborates with supervisor to develop, implement and monitor program goals, objectives and quality improvement activities
- Monitors productivity and develops interventions as needed to ensure achievement of program productivity and quality goals
- Completes data tracking and analysis
- Ensures standardized workflows and adherence to New York State Department of Health and Lead Health Home policies and procedures
- Receives referrals, reviews eligibility criteria and assigns cases to Care Managers
- Receives, addresses and resolves client complaints or concerns; submits incident reports through the New York State IRAMS system
- Coordinates crisis response efforts
- Monitors caseloads to ensure adherence to New York State Department of Health policies
- Oversees the Health Home chart review and audit processes and other quality improvement/monitoring activities
- Serves as a liaison to the Lead Health Home
- Completes reports as needed
- Represents FSW as a participant of meetings, workgroups and conferences as needed
- Develops and maintains relationships with key service providers and coordinates with community partners to insure effective, efficient collaboration
- Maintains current knowledge and directory of medical, behavioral health and concrete services/community resources available for members; ensures that staff understand the services, criteria and process for members to access the services
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or Registered Nurse
- Current New York State license
- Experience working within a Health Home program
- Previous supervisory experience required
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Proficient computer use, including Microsoft Office applications, especially EXCEL
- Strong leadership and skills in staff supervision; ability to coach and model skills to train individuals with different levels of expertise and learning styles
- Strong interpersonal skills including excellent active listening and clear oral communication skills; engaging, warm and caring personality
- Outstanding writing skills
- Effective in problem solving and exhibits excellent judgment and the ability to prioritize
- Strong customer service, client-centered orientation; collaborative; empathetic and driven to assist clients; passionate about providing high quality care to low-income, under-served individuals and those lacking access to needed services
- Culturally competent/sensitive (racial, ethnic, linguistic, LGBTQ+, physical ability, etc.) and committed to providing inclusive, non-biased services
- Comfortable providing direct care to clients with medical and behavioral health needs; proficient application of Motivational Interviewing techniques
- Highly organized and self-directed, able to multi-task; understands and follows detailed instructions; flexible and exhibits the ability to adapt as situations evolve
- Must have valid NYS driving license and daily access to car
- COVID-19 VACCINATION IS REQUIRED.
There are a variety of benefits to joining Family Services of Westchester, an organization with over 65 years of history impacting vulnerable communities. In addition to the opportunity to connect with and help thousands of residents in Westchester county, FSW offers its employees an inspiring, diverse and team-based work environment with comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 403(b) and generous paid time off.
At FSW, we enjoy working in a collaborative, mission-driven environment and value the benefits of a diversified workplace that prioritizes our clients and the communities we serve. If you want to make a difference in the lives of thousands of people across the communities of Westchester, and if the position speaks to your capabilities, experience and commitment to social service, please email your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or email.
Family Services of Westchester is an equal opportunity employer.