Family Services of Westchester (FSW) is looking for Psychosocial Rehabilitation Staff for our Respite Program located in White Plains, NY.
The Psychosocial Rehabilitation (PRS) Staff will be part of the Child and Family Treatment and Support Services team providing supervision, support, and social skills building for children between the ages of 5-17 who are struggling with serious emotional disturbance (SED).
Psychosocial Rehabilitation Services (PRS) are designed to restore, rehabilitate, and support a child’s/youth’s developmentally appropriate functioning as necessary for the integration of the child/youth as an active and productive member of their family and community with the goal of achieving minimal on-going professional intervention. PRS activities are focused on addressing the rehabilitative needs of the child/youth as part of a treatment plan and can be provided in coordination with treatment interventions by a licensed practitioner
- Work within a team and/or individually, providing supervision/engagement during recreational activities for SED children in one of our programs – varied flexible hours available weekdays after school, weekends (Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday daytime), school vacations and summer break.
- Submit the mandatory program forms, log reports, petty cash records, and progress notes daily
- Staff Schedules and Progress notes are entered in the CareLogic, electronic health record database.
- Work individually or in groups with children & adolescents to build skills, promote resilience and restore, rehabilitate, and support a child’s/youth’s developmentally appropriate functioning
- Potential to become part of support circle for children, including additional supportive contact
- Hours for this position are non-traditional and require flexibility in response
- Must meet with supervisor monthly and attend monthly staff meetings
- Submit your schedule weekly to program supervisor
- Maintain FSW agency vehicles cleanliness and document vehicle usage and maintenance needs.
- Use of personal vehicle may be required but agency will provide mileage reimbursement.
- This position may require use of personal vehicle with reimbursement for mileage.
- Minimum 21 years old
- Experience with the SED population preferred. Experience working with children in a recreational or educational setting strongly preferred
- Initial orientation and supervision as well as training sessions are required.
- Mandated Reporter training required
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Ability to set boundaries and limits, to work collaboratively with others, and to communicate information clearly in a strength-based, sensitive way, both orally and in writing
- Ability to connect with people, recognizing and building on their individual strengths.
- Consistency and dependability – being responsible to meet obligations and honor commitments
- Have a great sense of humor
- COVID-19 vaccination is required to work at Family Services of Westchester. Proof of vaccination against COVID-19 must be submitted as part of employment application
JOB TYPE: Per Diem
(Commitment to 1 client minimum) = 1 (five-hour shift) per week
- HS Diploma
- Some College (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s in Social Work or Related Field (Preferred)
- Minimum three years’ experience in children’s mental health, addiction, and/or foster care
REQUIRED LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION:
- Valid Driver’s License (any state)
At FSW, we enjoy working in a collaborative, mission-driven environment and value the benefits of a diversified workplace that prioritizes our clients and the communities we serve. If you want to make a difference in the lives of thousands of people across the communities of Westchester, and if this position speaks to your capabilities, experience and commitment to social service, please submit an application. Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or email.
Family Services of Westchester is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please email resume to: email@example.com