Family Services of Westchester (FSW) is looking for a Respite Coordinator for the Respite Program located in White Plains, NY.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Act as a primary intake appointment for Respite referral; Setting up appointments with families
- Maintain weekly contact with referring agencies regarding Respite participation
- Act as on site point person for Weekend Success program and supervise PT Respite Staff
- Assist with other Respite program activities
- Attend monthly network meetings in the community
- Network with other community resources in order to identify new and fun activities
- Bachelors Degree required
- Experience and demonstrated ability to work effectively with Respite children and families
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Must be willing to have a flexible schedule
- Valid Drivers License
- Applicants should be knowledgeable and experienced in the System of Care principals of working with families whose children are affected by Seriously Emotionally Disturbance (SED) and should demonstrate an ability to work with this population.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.