Family Services of Westchester (FSW) is looking for: Respite Staff for our Respite Program located in White Plains, NY.
As a recreational leader, the Respite Worker will be part of a team providing supervision, support, and social skills building for children between the ages of 5-21 who are struggling with serious emotional disturbance (SED).
- Work within a team, providing supervision/engagement during recreational activities for SED children in one of our programs – varied flexible hours available weekdays after school, weekends (After School evening hours, Saturday and Sunday daytime), school vacations and summer break.
- Submit the mandatory program forms, log reports, petty cash records, and progress notes daily
- Work individually or in groups with children & adolescents to build skills, promote resilience and have fun.
- Potential to become part of support circle for children, including additional supportive contact
- Hours for this position are non-traditional and require flexibility in response
- Must meet with supervisor monthly and attend monthly staff meetings
- Submit your schedule weekly to program supervisor
- Maintain FSW agency vehicles cleanliness and document vehicle usage and maintenance needs.
- Experience with the SED population preferred. Experience working with children in a recreational or educational setting strongly preferred.
- Initial orientation and supervision as well as training sessions are required.
- Cultural awareness & sensitivity
- Ability to set boundaries and limits, to work collaboratively with others, and to communicate information clearly in a strength-based, sensitive way, both orally and in writing
- Ability to connect with people, recognizing and building on their individual strengths.
- Consistency and dependability – being responsible to meet obligations and honor commitments
- Have a great sense of humor
- High School Diploma
- Some College (preferred)
- Bachelor’s in Social Work or Related Field (preferred)
- Working with SED population: Two + years (preferred)
- Minimum 21 Hours/Week commitment
- Valid Driver’s License (any state)
- Minimum 21 years old
- COVID-19 vaccination is required to work at Family Services of Westchester. Proof of vaccination against COVID-19 must be submitted as part of employment application.
Family Services of Westchester is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send your resume to: PSchelle@fsw.org