Family Services of Westchester, Inc. (FSW) provides mental health and social services that strengthen and support families, children and individuals at every stage of their lives. Serving 30,000 people a year, including 20,000 children, with nearly 50 innovative programs, including counseling, education and support, FSW is a pillar of health in the Westchester community. FSW is an essential network of services for underserved Westchester residents, here to create hope, restore dignity and connect families with the resources to get back on track.
For more information, please visit our website at www.fsw.org.
Family Services of Westchester is seeking a Full-time Senior Facilities Assistant to work in and around our leased and owned properties in Family Services of Westchester. This position will report to the Facilities Manager and/or the Administration/Facility Director. This highly capable and dedicated individual will provide comprehensive facility support including maintenance and repair, and will also provide supervision of the Junior Facilities Assistant.
· Oversee maintenance projects – interact with vendors (plumbing, cleaning, landscaping, HVAC) as needed
· Supervise and direct daily duties of the Junior Facilities Assistant
· Basic to intermediate repair of plumbing, electrical, HVAC systems
· Oversee painting, plastering, and drywall repair at our owned locations
· Supervise the relocation and setup furniture in classrooms and offices, perform these functions as required
· Identify and communicate possible facility safety issues
· Interact with a variety of individuals in a professional manner, including teachers, executives, vendors, etc.
· Provide additional facility support and other duties as directed by Facilities Manager and/or Administration/Facility Director
· Ability to lift 40 lbs.
· Basic to advanced mechanical aptitude: knowledge of plumbing, electrical, HVAC, carpentry
· Valid New York State Drivers License
· 5+ years of experience in a maintenance/facilities role
· Previous supervisory experience
· Must possess own tools including drill, saws, etc.
· Ability to follow instructions and function effectively in a team or as an individual
· Positive attitude, willingness to learn new skills
- COVID-19 vaccination is required to work at Family Services of Westchester. Proof of vaccination against COVID-19 must be submitted as part of employment application.
There are a variety of benefits to joining Family Services of Westchester, an organization with over 65 years of history impacting vulnerable communities. In addition to the opportunity to connect with and help thousands of residents in Westchester county, FSW offers its employees an inspiring, diverse and team-based work environment with comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 403(b) and generous paid time off.
At FSW, we enjoy working in a collaborative, mission-driven environment and value the benefits of a diversified workplace that prioritizes our clients and the communities we serve. If you want to make a difference in the lives of thousands of people across the communities of Westchester, and if the position of Senior Facilities Assistant speaks to your capabilities and experience, please complete the online application on Indeed.com, upload your resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or email.
Family Services of Westchester is an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply, please email resume to Adam Garrison at Adam.Garrison@fsw.org