Family Services of Westchester, Inc. (FSW) provides mental health and social services that strengthen and support families, children and individuals at every stage of their lives. Serving 30,000 people a year, including 20,000 children, with nearly 50 innovative programs, including counseling, education and support, FSW is a pillar of health in the Westchester community.
Our services are run by our compassionate, highly trained staff of more than 450 professionals and paraprofessionals includes Master’s level social workers, psychiatrists, clinical psychologists, child care workers, nurses, certified home health aides, multilingual clinicians, peer counselors and early childhood educators.
For more information, please visit our website at www.fsw.org.
Family Services of Westchester is currently seeking a hands-on, talented Human Resources Manager reporting to the Sr. Director of Human Resources. This role will be key in administering various human resources programs, policies and best practices including employee relations, performance management, compensation and recruitment. This role will be based in Purchase, NY and requires local travel to FSW sites.
- Develop and implement Human Resources programs to support the growth of the organization.
- Investigate employee relations matters and communicate issues and documentation in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with and support Director of Human Resources and Administration with employee relations initiatives.
- Collaborate with and support program managers with employee engagement, performance initiatives and reporting.
- Provide support to employees in various Human Resources-related topics such as leaves, payroll, benefits, etc.
- Participate in and lead employee onboarding and offboarding efforts.
- Assist with logistics and tracking of required employee trainings.
- Maintain human resources information system records and produce related reports.
- Maintain employee files and records in electronic and paper form.
- Ensure compliance with various federal and state regulations.
- Actively participate in team meetings.
- Bachelors Degree in Human Resources or related business degree.
- Four + years relevant experience in senior-level HR generalist or manager capacity.
- SHRM-CP and or PHR certifications preferred.
- Strong ability in using MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint in particular) and familiarity with HRIS systems.
- Active driver’s license and daily access to a car and local travel up to 30%.
- Knowledge of key HR processes such as employee relations, investigations, performance management and best HR practices.
- Hands-on team player that thrives in a collaborative environment.
- Keen sense of detail, follow through and continuous improvement.
- Ability to navigate and prioritize different levels of work and workload.
- Excellent judgement
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a culturally diverse population.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both verbally and in writing.
- Highly organized, self–directed.
- COVID-19 vaccination is required to work at Family Services of Westchester. Proof of vaccination against COVID-19 must be submitted as part of employment application.
Job Type: Full-time
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible Spending Account
- 8 hour shift
- Bachelor’s (Required)
Work Location: One location
There are a variety of benefits to joining Family Services of Westchester, an organization with over 65 years of history impacting vulnerable communities. In addition to the opportunity to connect with and help thousands of residents in Westchester county, FSW offers its employees an inspiring, diverse and team-based work environment with comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 403(b) and generous paid time off.
At FSW, we enjoy working in a collaborative, mission-driven environment and value the benefits of a diversified workplace that prioritizes our clients and the communities we serve. If you want to make a difference in the lives of thousands of people across the communities of Westchester, and if the position of Human Resources Manager speaks to your capabilities, experience and commitment to social service, please upload your resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or email. A computer literacy test is part of the recruiting process for finalists.
Family Services of Westchester is an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply, please email resume to: Stacy Bouchard email@example.com