Family Services of Westchester (FSW) provides mental health and social services that strengthen and support families, children and individuals at every stage of their lives. With 50 innovative programs, FSW serves 30,000 individuals annually in Westchester County, New York.
Founded in 1954, Family Services of Westchester is a private, nonprofit, non-sectarian social services agency.
FSW’s RideConnect program provides opportunities that encourage independence and mobility for those 60+ in Westchester and Southern Putnam counties. Volunteers donate time and use of their cars to provide free rides for seniors to do medical, social, and other errands.
Family Services of Westchester is searching for a qualified Senior Program Manager to work in our RideConnect program.
The Senior Program Manager will be responsible for the overall program operations of RideConnect. RideConnect is a program of Family Services of Westchester, and is an information/referral and volunteer transportation program serving older adults in Westchester and Putnam. Under the supervision of the Director, the Senior Program Manager will be responsible for the successful operation of all aspects of the program, including but not limited to, call center operations and staffing, budget review and preparation, grant management, monthly/quarterly reports, bus operations, volunteer management/recruitment, and community outreach. Additionally, the Senior Program Manager works closely with the Mobility Manager on daily/weekly/monthly program goals, volunteer outreach, social media and other forms of outreach/communications.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the planning, implementation, and evaluation of efficient and effective programmatic activities of RideConnect
- Coordinate and manage the operation of all program components including call center operations, volunteer management, bus operations and community outreach
- Strong written and presentation skills, with experience in grant writing a plus
- Ability to create and analyze complex budgets and grants
- Ensure timely, complete and accurate submissions of annual work plans and budgets, monthly and quarterly reports and other documents as requested by funders
- Track and monitor progress towards completion of activities as identified in yearly target goals
- Maintain and enhance a comprehensive referral database
- Establish and maintain records, service utilization and complete all documentation accurately and in a timely manner
- Provide direct supervision to Mobility Manager, Call Center staff, and bus drivers; recruit, develop and manage a qualified and diverse staff
- Cultivate ongoing relationship with current funders, seek new funding sources and develop community outreach strategies for volunteer recruitment
- Ensure compliance with Mobility Management, funding requirements, and FSW internal requirements
- Coordinate sustainability activities such as presentations, events, written communication, to inform targeted stakeholders, including funders, community partners, volunteers and key community leaders within the service area
- Coordinate marketing, public relations and outreach efforts to increase program utilization and volunteer recruitment.
- BA/BS required; MBA preferred
- 3+ years of management experience, with experience directing a call center preferred
- Experience working with the older adult and frail population preferred
- Ability to build partnerships with other organizations, agencies and individuals
- Strong leadership abilities with the capability to problem solve and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to develop and nurture a strong, cohesive team
- Knowledge of Westchester and Putnam Counties’ resources for seniors
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel throughout the service area
- Highly organized and self-directed
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, high accountability environment
- Flexible and exhibits the ability to adapt as situations evolve
- Effective in problem solving and exhibits excellent judgment and the ability to prioritize
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Forward and flexible thinker that can envision program growth and develop plans to bring concept to reality
- Manual dexterity and regular hours at computer keyboard
- Ability to travel to multiple locations for meetings and presentations
There are a variety of benefits to joining Family Services of Westchester, an organization with over 65 years of history impacting vulnerable communities. In addition to the opportunity to connect with and help thousands of residents in Westchester County, FSW offers its employees an inspiring, diverse and team-based work environment with comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending accounts and 403(b).
At FSW, we enjoy working in a collaborative, mission-driven environment and value the benefits of a diversified workplace that prioritizes our clients and the communities we serve. If you want to make a difference in the lives of thousands of people across the communities of Westchester, and if the position of Senior Program Manager speaks to your capabilities, experience and commitment to social service, please apply on Indeed.com. Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or email.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply, please email resume to email@example.com