|Job title||Site Coordinator/Lead Teacher, Slater, Head Start (White Plains)|
|Reports to||Senior Education Manager|
Family Services of Westchester (FSW) provides mental health and social services that strengthen and support families, children and individuals at every stage of their lives. With 50 innovative programs, FSW serves 30,000 individuals annually in Westchester County, New York.
Founded in 1954, Family Services of Westchester is a private, nonprofit, non-sectarian social services agency.
FSW’s Head Start/Early Head Start is a federal government program that was created in 1965 to give preschool children from low-income families a “head start” on their readiness for elementary school.
Family Services of Westchester is looking for a full-time Site Coordinator/Lead Teacher for our White Plains, NY Head Start program. We are hiring for multiple locations throughout Westchester County.
POSITION: Site Coordinator, Lead Teacher/Slater, Head Start
SUPERVISED BY: Senior Education Manager
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure health and safety guidelines for children.
- Develop and monitor center and staff files & DCFS documents
- Support and implement the UPK curriculum
- Attend staff development meetings
- Assist in fostering a team approach and coordination
- Regular and predictable attendance is required
To plan and coordinate events for organizations, businesses, and schools as well as provide guidance and mentorship to other teachers in their grade level or subject.
- Bachelor’s degree or a Teaching Certification.
- Bilingual language skills
Performance will be evaluated based on:
- Continuing to pursue education in the Early Childhood field.
- Performance and Goals
- COVID-19 vaccination is required to work at Family Services of Westchester. Proof of vaccination against COVID-19 must be submitted as part of employment application.
There are a variety of benefits to joining Family Services of Westchester, an organization with over 65 years of history impacting vulnerable communities. In addition to the opportunity to connect with and help thousands of residents in Westchester County, FSW offers its employees an inspiring, diverse and team-based work environment with comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and 403(b) for full-time employees.
At FSW, we enjoy working in a collaborative, mission-driven environment and value the benefits of a diversified workplace that prioritizes our clients and the communities we serve. If you want to make a difference in the lives of thousands of people across the communities of Westchester, and if the position of Site Coordinator/Lead Teacher, Head Start speaks to your capabilities, experience and commitment to social service, please submit your resume and cover letter. Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or email.
Family Services of Westchester is an equal opportunity employer.