Family Services of Westchester (FSW) provides mental health and social services that strengthen and support families, children and individuals at every stage of their lives. With 50 innovative programs, FSW serves 30,000 individuals annually in Westchester County, New York.
Founded in 1954, Family Services of Westchester is a private, nonprofit, non-sectarian social services agency.
FSW’s Head Start/Early Head Start is a federal government program that was created in 1965 to give preschool children from low-income families a “head start” on their readiness for elementary school.
Family Services of Westchester is searching for qualified full-time Site Directors to work in our Head Start/Early Head Start program.
POSITION TITLE: Head Start/ Early Head Start Site Director
Locations: FSW is hiring Site Directors for our locations throughout Westchester County.
STATUS: Permanent Full Time
SUPERVISED BY: Program Director
PURPOSE: To provide Early Care and Education in home-based and center-based family-care models.
- Ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations regarding Early Childhood Education and care.
- Ensure compliance with Head Start and Early Head Start Performance Standards.
- Maintain enrollment of children and families.
- Ensure compliance with NAEYC and or Quality STARS Accreditation Criteria.
- Supervise center-based staff and home visitors; coordinate family child care model.
- Monitor Early Head Start program budget, including purchasing of supplies, equipment, and materials for center-based and family child care providers.
- Collaborate with Education, Disabilities, Health and Family Services Managers to ensure continuity of program.
- Maintain accurate records and documentation as required by County, State and Federal agencies.
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisors.
- Assure that staff has employment/health documentation and necessary training on file
- Assure that all children’s health files are in order
- Attend Policy Council meetings and prepare Monthly reports.
- Head Start/ Early Head Start Programs: Collaborate with Education, Disabilities, Health and Family Services components to ensure continuity of program.
- Maintain accurate records and documentation as required by school districts, County, State and Federal agencies
- Conduct observations and strategize with staff to assure positive learning environments for all children.
- Manage and maintain COPA management system.
- Manage and maintain TSG Gold.
- Conduct and organize Parent Socialization and parent committee meetings.
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisors.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Masters Degree or Bachelor Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field; three plus years experience in Early Childhood Education.; knowledge of Early Head Start/Head Start; must have own transportation.
PERFORMANCE CRITERIA: Performance will be evaluated based on the following:
- Continuing education;
- Performance vs. Goals;
There are a variety of benefits to joining Family Services of Westchester, an organization with over 65 years of history impacting vulnerable communities. In addition to the opportunity to connect with and help thousands of residents in Westchester County, FSW offers its employees an inspiring, diverse and team-based work environment with comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending accounts and 403(b).
At FSW, we enjoy working in a collaborative, mission-driven environment and value the benefits of a diversified workplace that prioritizes our clients and the communities we serve. If you want to make a difference in the lives of thousands of people across the communities of Westchester, and if the position of Site Director speaks to your capabilities, experience and commitment to early childhood education and social service, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or email.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job Type: Full-time